What do you think of my new intro?

Recostar
Cross Eyed!

What do you think of my new intro?

Post by Recostar »

Hey Guys,

I have been working on new tricks to create some 3D effects over the past couple weeks and decided that my intro to S3DGamerZONE looked really dated , so I re-did it Completely in 3D . I wanted it to look as professional as I can make it . When I made the new intro for S3DGamerZONE my goal was to create really good "POP OUT" effects. I have shown some family and friends and have gotten some mixed reactions. I'm a little discouraged over some of there responses.

I would really appreciate your opinions about the Intro. is there to much POP OUT, or to little.

Here is the link to the Intro, it is only 6 seconds long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXSOHF2Qo1I

It is Unlisted.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: What do you think of my new intro?

Post by cybereality »

Hmm. I'm not really getting much "pop-out" effect on that video. Aside from the text being in front of the game videos, I didn't really see much depth. Still, not horrible.
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

cybereality wrote:Hmm. I'm not really getting much "pop-out" effect on that video. Aside from the text being in front of the game videos, I didn't really see much depth. Still, not horrible.
Thank you for taking the time to watch the Intro and give me your input. I was afraid that there was to Much "POP OUT" but this is great news , now I can really push it then. Awesome !!,
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

It looks reversed to me. The text is behind the videoframes which doesn't seem to be the intention.
Else it isn't bad at all!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Zerofool
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zerofool »

It looks kind of flat, you can try to set each game-vid "window" at slightly different depth. Otherwise, it's a nice start.
nV 3DTV Play, Geo-11, Tridef on 2014 55" Samsung H7000 (aka H7150) @ 1080p60 Checkerboard-3D | Valve Index | RTX 2080Ti, i7-6700K, 32GB 3200CL14, 1+2TB SSDs | Win10 v2004 | DAN A4-SFX | G27
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

Likay wrote:It looks reversed to me. The text is behind the videoframes which doesn't seem to be the intention.
Else it isn't bad at all!
I added yt3d:swap=true to the tags ,so hopefully it reversed it. The text is supposed to be in front of the Videos . Looks like I'll have to swop the left and right view and re-encode it.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

That looks more natural! If you only want to post on youtube it doesn't really matter if it's reversed for as long as the swap parameter is there if needed.
I think the intro's cool but if you want more popout there's plenty of room for it. Maybe it would be cool if the ingoing vidcaptures were 3d as well? Or maybe it would become messy if they were... Don't know but experimenting doesn't hurt for as long as no animals are involved. ;)
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

Likay wrote:That looks more natural! If you only want to post on youtube it doesn't really matter if it's reversed for as long as the swap parameter is there if needed.
I think the intro's cool but if you want more popout there's plenty of room for it. Maybe it would be cool if the ingoing vidcaptures were 3d as well? Or maybe it would become messy if they were... Don't know but experimenting doesn't hurt for as long as no animals are involved. ;)

I'm glad that you were able to watch it now. This is really great news !!. I was holding back on the "POP OUT" because I was getting feed back from some friends saying that it seemed to much "POP OUT" . Now that more people are saying it isn't I'm going to be bumping it up a notch or two . I really like your Idea about the in-game capture being in 3D to, I think that would look really cool. I'm going to see what I can come up with, I may only be able to get 4 of the back ground Videos to be in 3D but I'm going to take a crack at it tonight and see if my system can handle 6 pip files rendering in 3D .
Thanks for the suggestion :D
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

Zerofool wrote:It looks kind of flat, you can try to set each game-vid "window" at slightly different depth. Otherwise, it's a nice start.
When I'm done re-creating the intro I'm going to bump up the "POP OUT" Hopefully it will work out.
Zerofool
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zerofool »

Recostar wrote:When I'm done re-creating the intro I'm going to bump up the "POP OUT" Hopefully it will work out.
OK, I see. But then again you still have only two depth levels - background (videos), and foreground (titles and text). What I'm proposing is to add more layers of depth. Depending on the software you're using, a lot of things can be done :). If you wish, I could show off my WIP Intro :P.
nV 3DTV Play, Geo-11, Tridef on 2014 55" Samsung H7000 (aka H7150) @ 1080p60 Checkerboard-3D | Valve Index | RTX 2080Ti, i7-6700K, 32GB 3200CL14, 1+2TB SSDs | Win10 v2004 | DAN A4-SFX | G27
3dfreak
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3dfreak »

Hi
Love the Intro and the YT3D channel
cheers
Athlon X2 4400, ATI HD 4830, 2 GB DualChannel

Zalman w220m

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”