Silverscreen material

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
jkh0208
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Silverscreen material

Post by jkh0208 »

Unfortunately I don't know anyone here really because I just moved here (I'm in the military so I have to move every couple years). I was able to get the guy selling the two tier stand to sell it to me for $75. My 60"x80" silver matte screen finally came in, and it works great! The only issue is that if I open it all the way, there seems to be slight wrinkling towards the bottom of the screen. Really it's one large wrinkle so it looks like it fade to a darker area in the bottom middle, but it's only noticeable when the display in that area shows bright colors. Playing Flatout, Halflife 2 or WoW it's not even noticeable. It's pretty noticeable in Portal though. :/
cyberheater
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by cyberheater »

tritosine wrote:The Acer H5360 has only 700 in 120hz / 3d mode, thats why I want to compensate, thats too few to start with. After the glasses you are at 350-400 (actual measurements http://www.projektor.hu/3d+vetites+belepo+aron.html)
Thanks for the link. I'm glad to see how good the colour and grey scale tracking of this projector is. The contrast could be better. I wonder if a iris mod would help although that would drop the lumens significantly.
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

Oh I m goin to try 3 screens then decide whats the best.

It will be a

DIY retroreflective glass beaded ( a'la high power)
rear projection 3d virtual black ( someone selling it to me for cheap)
DIY silverscreen ( I don't think this will be the winner).
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

cyberheater wrote:
tritosine wrote:The Acer H5360 has only 700 in 120hz / 3d mode, thats why I want to compensate, thats too few to start with. After the glasses you are at 350-400 (actual measurements http://www.projektor.hu/3d+vetites+belepo+aron.html)
Thanks for the link. I'm glad to see how good the colour and grey scale tracking of this projector is. The contrast could be better. I wonder if a iris mod would help although that would drop the lumens significantly.

well , if you take it apart, and put in better light blocking, that would improve without (and maybe beyond) the brightness loss.

Im going with LED's , no iris . Black levels alone won't worth my time ;)
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!

Return to “3D Projectors”