Optoma 3D READY Projector and Optoma shutter glasses... Help

Aaron
One Eyed Hopeful

Optoma 3D READY Projector and Optoma shutter glasses... Help

Post by Aaron »

Hi all.

I have just purchased the Optoma 3D ready DLP projector and Optoma shutter gasses thinking i could just wack in the Avitar game in my playstation 3 and see some 3D action... but its not working.

I have downloaded the latest firmware for the playstation which enables 3d stereoscopic's and have been through all the settings trying each 3d output including chequerboard, which is the one i am guessing i should be using. The shutter glasses are not flashing when i switch them on and look at the screen, i'm getting no 3D effect. I have selected the 3d mode on my projector.

Also i have tried hooking the projector up to my pc and playing a side by side (LR) 3D file through it and get what i presume is a 3D film on the screen but use the shutter glasses and cannot see 3D effect through them. I have two pairs of these glasses and have tried them both.

Anyone have any idea's of what could be wrong

Would be greatful for any suggestion/help.

Aaron
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Optoma 3D READY Projector and Optoma shutter glasses...

Post by Likay »

As far as i know avatar has it's own menue with 3d-options. Choose enable 3d and either "full checkerboard" or "side-by-side" as tv-format.
Try downloading the stereoscopic player for pc and check which format that suits your projector ("3d-ready dlp" and "side-by-side" are probable "candidates") and gives a proper view. The projector might also have an option to turn on 3d.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Aaron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Aaron »

Hi Likay...

Thanks for your reply. I have tried all what you suggested and still it does not work.

I am wondering if it may have somthing to do with my HDMI input as im am using a 7ft cable and wonder if the signal could be degrading.

Also maybe somthing to do with the s3D chip by Texas insruments which is in the projector, as its does not seem to be projecting @ 120Hz as the model should. Dont supose you know if the input has to be 120Hz to the projector or will the projector turn it into 120Hz.

Aaron
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Nevermind what i said in the previous post. The optomas seems to be very special with 3d-support (pageflipped signal).
So: Unfortunately i think you can trust what Blackshark says in the other thread. Sorry. :( I'm no newbie in stereo-3d but this whole shutterglassbusiness today is totally messed up. The tech is ok as is but the displays needs to be better. And some sort of universal compability wouldn't hurt.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Unfortunately I don't believe the Optoma projectors are compatible with the PS3 Avatar. In fact, I am not quite sure what 3D sources will work with that projector (if any). From what I understand it is meant to work via 120Hz page-flipping, similar to Nvidia 3D Vision except they never got certified by Nvidia. So its possible you may be able to watch 3D videos in software page-flipping or maybe the iz3d driver in simple shutter mode (to the extent it works) but I am not sure what else. Its really unfortunate that companies market their products as 3D ready without the full software support. Don't give up, though. There has got to be a way to get something working on it, but you will likely need a PC.
Aaron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Aaron »

OK

Thanks guys for your help. Have tried everthing and still no joy...will have to wait for some software/drivers to come out or maybe see if i can get hold of some educational software which is in 3D as i understand Optoma and Texas instruments are selling my projector in schools for educational use. There's got to be somthing out there which will play in 3D on the bloody thing!
MeNaCe183
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MeNaCe183 »

I know there is away to achieve 3d using ps3 on a 3d ready projector as long as it has hdmi and what brings me to that conclusion is this (sorry for all the info but u have to read all of it)

alright first off you have to use either XpanD's X102 or X103(soon to be released) glasses both of the these glasses are dlp link enabled which means there compatible with both 3d ready dlp tv's and 3d ready projectors and not only that i saw couple different videos from XpanD that explained that are compatible with Nvidia 3d vision also. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foYT7ULqdfg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if you watch this demonstration around 2:10 they have a 3d ready projector attached to a xbox 360 displaying Avatar the game in 3D you can tell the 3d is enable because the double images and when i first saw this it threw me because i had no idea 360 had 3D capabilities but now that i've read other articles 360 is capable (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1097427p1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) so PS3 has to be, not only that hdmi 1.4 is not required to run 3d practically you cannot achieve 1080p 3d, using hdmi 1.3 you can only achieve 720p but who cares it still 3D. I've also read people who have the 2010 3d ready tv's that downloaded the firmware also had difficulty with the settings, come to find out you have to download the firmware and than go to video settings to choose 3D and also enable the 3d in the game menu. heres a guide http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?su ... 1276274018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . I plan on buying the viewsonic pjd6531w projector sometime soon to try it but until than keep trying guys it does work and this is how i know. http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Play ... ia-3D-Visi.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. If a guy can get the 3d to work on dlp tv using 3d vision glasses than it can work on a dlp projector. One more thing visit 3dvision-blog.com everyday they know everything when it comes to 3D. hope this helped
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
Aaron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Aaron »

Update....

I have finally got my Optoma 3d projector working in 3d! :D

At present i have only found a couple of films which will work. You can down load them from this torrent site ( 3d movie collection) : http://search.utorrent.com/search.php?q ... ihq%3d&u=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You need to make sure the 3d setting in the menu is on and if you have the projector mounted on the ceiling also select 3d inverted.

As i have said in other posts i am using a playstation 3 to play the films via a USB memory stick. Also Opoma active shutter glasses.

I have tried the new 3D Blueray format on this setup and it does not work, maybe because i have a fast HDMI cable conected to the projector and not HDMI 1.4, If not then the new 3.50 firmware update does not suport Optoma projectors at this time.

Hope this is of help.

Aaron

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”