Tested 120hz monitor with Iz3d, ddd and nvidia with E-dims

Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Tested 120hz monitor with Iz3d, ddd and nvidia with E-dims

Post by Dom »

Hi since there was so many posts with user that have ati graphics cards I wanted to test out the effecfullness using my setup as a testbed. Since I have 3d vision I never actually tried other 3d drivers till now. My results are quite good coming from iz3d but they need more help.

So I used this system

amd x4 2.9 ghz
nvidia gtx 285
samsung 120hz 22'' monitor
edimensional wired glasses
benq 85hz dlp projector turned off, connected to vga line and connected to edim dongle with glasses attached with 3.5mm jack.

------------------------------------------
Ok so I first cloned my display so the turned off projector and turned on 120hz samsung monior were showing the same screen. I needed to do this in order to get the blue line code from the dongle for the glasses to work as my samsung monitor does not have vga only dvi-d. So I had the refresh rate set at 120hz so there was no flicker and the glasses were shutting normally onto the monitor.

I installed the latest iz3d drivers and selected the output mode as "3d shutter - simple or white line code" . I first tested out far cry to see if it would work there and it actually did, its just that the 3d effect washs away or more like comes on for a few seconds then goes back to almost 2d for a sec then comes back. When its in 3d it a real strong 3d image just like it would be on a CRT but I really doubt that its a software problem from iz3d.
This is because I tryed the same thing using my edim glasses on my samsung monitor using nvidia drivers and the same thing happens. The 3d image of stereoscopy works but it just fades in and out within a few seconds.

I tried the DDD driver from Tridef and they were useless and always revert back to 2D mode saying its not supported.

So the whole point is that you can use other glasses than nvidia and use ati graphics cards for 3d with a 120hz monitor but it needs work. Currently there is nothing to buy at the store that supports this configuration to work steadily but maybe there is a DIY way to make it work.

1.Try and make some wired USB glasses that will sync to the monitors blue line code or refresh rate
2. Make a dongle that has a dvi-d connector
3. Make a loopback driver so that the cpu can divert the blue line code from the vga connected dongle to the 3d ready monitors dvi-d connection port.
4.Mabe iz3d can add a 120hz 3d ready monitor option to their direct x panel giving a steady 3d image for 3d dongle users. Not sure if they need to though.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”