How to convert IZ3d video into side by side ? Need help

Recostar
Cross Eyed!

How to convert IZ3d video into side by side ? Need help

Post by Recostar »

Hey guys,

I have been trying to capture video using the IZ3d drivers and then convert them into Side by side view with 3D Movie maker. I capture the video using Fraps . However,as soon as I run it threw 3D Movie Maker the program crashes. I have downloaded and tried the IZ3D Side by side drivers and still can't seem to capture or convert into Side by side mode. Is there another program out there that will successfully do this?

Any help is really appreciated .

thanks ,
Recostar

Update

I figured out how to do it and still maintain full quality .
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: How to convert IZ3d video into side by side ? Need hel

Post by yuriythebest »

I usually use the side by side output for capture- how'd you do it?
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I had the iz3d drivers in side-by-side mode but I wasn't able to get FRAPS to work at all with the drivers are running. There is a way to record using VirtualDub, but I had problems with that as well. There used to be a thread on the iz3d forum about recording but I can't find it now that they restructured the forum.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

That's why i love hardware capture :mrgreen:
Hdmi capture card FTW !
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

Hey guys,

I have been using the Side by Side mode to capture . The quality seems to be great . I was surprised but there was very little loss if any at all.
Zerofool
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zerofool »

cybereality wrote:I had the iz3d drivers in side-by-side mode but I wasn't able to get FRAPS to work at all with the drivers are running. There is a way to record using VirtualDub, but I had problems with that as well. There used to be a thread on the iz3d forum about recording but I can't find it now that they restructured the forum.
There were few threads regarding video recording, like this one, this one, this one or that one. But most likely you were talking about that one :).

Recostar, to get the best possible quality out of FRAPS, use "Force lossless RGB capture (may be slower)" in "Movies" tab. Especially if you plan to enhance the video afterwards. The secret (it's not a secret actually :D) to high-quality videos is to use lossless transfer if you enhance the video in different tools, and of course, the final compression before uploading ;).
nV 3DTV Play, Geo-11, Tridef on 2014 55" Samsung H7000 (aka H7150) @ 1080p60 Checkerboard-3D | Valve Index | RTX 2080Ti, i7-6700K, 32GB 3200CL14, 1+2TB SSDs | Win10 v2004 | DAN A4-SFX | G27
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

Zerofool wrote:
cybereality wrote:I had the iz3d drivers in side-by-side mode but I wasn't able to get FRAPS to work at all with the drivers are running. There is a way to record using VirtualDub, but I had problems with that as well. There used to be a thread on the iz3d forum about recording but I can't find it now that they restructured the forum.
There were few threads regarding video recording, like this one, this one, this one or that one. But most likely you were talking about that one :).

Recostar, to get the best possible quality out of FRAPS, use "Force lossless RGB capture (may be slower)" in "Movies" tab. Especially if you plan to enhance the video afterwards. The secret (it's not a secret actually :D) to high-quality videos is to use lossless transfer if you enhance the video in different tools, and of course, the final compression before uploading ;).

Thank you for the links, They were very helpful. The captured Video looks great now for the IZ3D.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”