glitching and glasses go clear a second.

geekdude
One Eyed Hopeful

glitching and glasses go clear a second.

Post by geekdude »

I just got stereo working and am now having this problem when I am in stereoscopic mode. the glasses go blank for about half a second at a time and then continue working. When this happens and I don't have the glasses on the image stutters a bit. Hard to explain. This happens with fable and the test graphic that comes with forceware. haven't tried anything else yet.

I have a 1.8 ghz core 2 duo with 3.25 gigs of ram and a Geforce 7600gt graphics card. I am running on forceware 169.21. my lcd shutter glasses are an old pair I got from a garage sale. The box that plugs into the vga port says tdv3d. Also I am using a kvm.

I am wondering if I need a faster computer, or display card, or Mabye the sync cord is messed up and I need new glasses? or mabye I need different forceware/stereo drivers?

I may try to get my old geforce mx 4000 to work in tandem with the other one in sli mode but I don't know if it supports sli.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: glitching and glasses go clear a second.

Post by cybereality »

Hmm, that sounds like a hardware issue most likely. Maybe the KVM switch is interfering, a loose connection or dying batteries. Probably not the software if it works sometimes. Are they wireless glasses? You may get IR interference like from TV remotes or lights possibly.
geekdude
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by geekdude »

ok sorry I haven't been messing with it for awhile. They have a stereo plug that plugs into a box that goes in between the VGA port and the kvm. I tried it without the kvm recently and it still has the same problem. It seems to do it more when I am running but it could be my imagination. I just tested the cord and it seems to have a good connection not so sure about the right eye though. I might have to test it some more. I might resolder the points anyway just to see if it does anything.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Have you tried using the 91.31 forcware and stereo drivers? I would suggest trying most of the stereo drivers available for winxp nvidia 7000 series untill you get it to work. BTW 91.31 is the only driver set that nvidia recommends, and I know from using my own setup other drivers failed most of the time. I have a nvidia 7600 gs I think so most likely your glasses are loosing sync from the drivers. Also try disabling your cpu to one core. I know that may sound dumb but those old nvidia drivers need to abide for every different system as from what I've seen everyone at mtbs using this type of setup had different work arounds.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”