Mitsubishi 3DA-1 3D Adapter

Own a 3D HDTV? Trying to learn about the latest and greatest? Post here!
Dowjd
One Eyed Hopeful

Mitsubishi 3DA-1 3D Adapter

Post by Dowjd »

Ok I have a Samsung HL67A750 and unfortunately Samsung is not providing any firmware updates for 3D Bluray players nor are they providing any adapters. So my question is Mitsubishi has an adapter (3dA-1), can it be used on this tv to watch 3d content?

I'd prefer not to go out and spend another $2800 on a tv (even though when I bought the TV, a Sammy rep told me it would be compatible with future 3D tech, ie... 3D bluray players via firmware update).
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Mitsubishi 3DA-1 3D Adapter

Post by cybereality »

I believe the Mitsubishi adapter is restricted to Mitsubishi TVs only. It won't work with a Samsung.
Dowjd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dowjd »

I wonder why. Both tv's use the checkerboard format and both have a VESA jack.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Mitsubishi is using the EDID information on the TV to lock out any TVs that aren't from their brand.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Nothing says it has to be this way though. However the method of using edid info is otherwise widely used to lock out nonsupported but maybe capable displays...
I wouldn't take a chance if i haven't got confirmation it works or just the money to play around with.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Dowjd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dowjd »

Samsung keeps giving me the run around. I am very disappointed in them. They have NO plans to provide a firmware update nor an adapter. If Mitsu can provide equipment, then why can't they?

When I purchased this tv in late 2008, the Samsung rep told me it was "3D Ready" (ie... PC). I asked him if Samsung would provide updates when the new Bluray standard was complete. He said Samsung was very good to its customers, that an update or equipment would be provided to view Bluray 3D movies. Well that hasn't happened.

If I have to go out and purchase a newer tv, it definitely will not be a Samsung.
fildubek
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by fildubek »

a company named TRU 3D is making adapters for samsung 3d dlp tvs read here http://3dvision-blog.com/samsung-3d-dlp ... -4a-input/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EARTH IS NOT FLAT!! WHY SHOULD OUR MONITORS BE?

Return to “3D HDTVs”