new sView in development

gkv311
One Eyed Hopeful

new sView in development

Post by gkv311 »

Hello friends. If anybody interesting in testing new development version (v.9.5dev23) you'll got changelist and link on official site http://www.sview.ru.
Here I want to hear your offers for new version. I remember, about web-plugin support and this is planned in future (but not in next release). At this moment I'm stopped on GUI development - I'm not a designer and it become a problem. GUI is a major task to make up new stable release.

I add support for several stereocopic devices and want to get test results for them:
1) VR920 (support was added in previous sView version, but need be rechecked in new version);
2) Zalman/Huinday/Sharp interlace monitors, also need to check autodetection;
3) Blue line codes, just need to check is that codes are right...

If anybody interest in Mirrored systems support (Planar for example), also contact me please.
AMD FX-8350 / RadeOn HD6850 / ASUS Xonar D2X / 32GB RAM
ASUS VG27AH 27" (passive stereo, IPS) / Ubuntu 13.04 AMD64
sView (stereoscopic viewer) author
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: new sView in development

Post by Likay »

I've been using s-view for quite some time now. It's a great imageviewer in any way you can think of. I love the zoom in function which works way better than any other viewers. The program seems to be a little slow reading/translating files, especially larger ones. Is there maybe any way to improve this? :oops:
I use the "walk speed = instantly" which makes transitions faster. It's my favourite viewer and so far this is the only complaint" i have. :D
I use iz3d, dual projectors and sometimes anaglyph for viewing but i'm not able to try the ones you added though. Well, stereomirror sort of but the image will not be correct. Can try it anyway. :)

Thank you for a great piece of software. It's much appreciated!

Stefan
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

I tried the new version. Thank you.

Here's a list of what I have to say :
  • There's a bug with videos. When you close sView while it's playing a video, the window closes but the exe does not stop and the last second of audio plays in a loop.
  • iZ3D auto-detection works fine.
  • I noticed that backspace is the button to reset separation and zoom to normal and it works.
  • I noticed that the windows key and the windows property key rotate the picture. I don't know if it intentional but if it is, it's a bad idea to rotate the picture when you press the windows key. I often use it for other tasks ans I rotate the picture by mistake.
  • I know the GUI is not complete. A priority for me is a menu to open files. If there's no menu for that, it could be the letter l for load and it would open an open file popup. You could make a GUI for that later.
  • I noticed that you can go through the pictures in a folder with home/end/page up/page down. It goes through jpg, jps and png if you first load a picture. I like that. A problem with the previous version was that going through the pictures with page up page down only worked with jps. If you first load a video, it goes though avi, mp4, mkv and wmv files. I also like that.
  • I noticed that zoom and separation controls don't work with videos. It would be nice if they worked.
  • There's one thing I did not like in the previous version. When you used the menu to open a file, the default folder was always the installation folder. I would have liked the folder it's in when you try to open a file to be the last folder where you opened a file. Often, I opened a file in a folder, I closed sView, I reopened sView and I wanted to load the file again and I would have to browse to the folder.
  • In it's current form, it's also nice to browse non-3D pictures or videos in folders. It goes from one file to the next pretty fast no matter if it's a picture or video. It's really nice that it only browses through videos or pictures when you open it in one mode. The Windows basic photo/video browser loads videos and pictures at the same time and it's annoying because videos load slowly, it slows down your browsing and sometimes, you only want to see the pictures in a folder that also contains videos.
That's all for now. Good work.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

cool wasn't aware of this site

please add a save feature!!! when you adjust the images you should be able to save em- after moving to sView from stereo photo maker that's the biggest and most annoying issue I have with it. Instead your separation settings are "saved" but they remain for all images so you have to adjust them back to normal if you adjusted them previously - why is that please remove that and add a save feature. sorry for repeating myself but that's this problem outweighs all others by an extreme amount in my opinion.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

My shutterglasses doesn't turn on so no 3D.
What am I doing wrong?
gkv311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gkv311 »

Freke1 wrote:My shutterglasses doesn't turn on so no 3D.
What am I doing wrong?
Wich glasses do you have? EDimensional?
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Yes and CRT monitor.
gkv311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gkv311 »

Tril wrote:Here's a list of what I have to say :
  • There's a bug with videos. When you close sView while it's playing a video, the window closes but the exe does not stop and the last second of audio plays in a loop.
  • I noticed that the windows key and the windows property key rotate the picture. I don't know if it intentional but if it is, it's a bad idea to rotate the picture when you press the windows key. I often use it for other tasks ans I rotate the picture by mistake.
  • I know the GUI is not complete. A priority for me is a menu to open files. If there's no menu for that, it could be the letter l for load and it would open an open file popup. You could make a GUI for that later.
  • I noticed that zoom and separation controls don't work with videos. It would be nice if they worked.
  • There's one thing I did not like in the previous version. When you used the menu to open a file, the default folder was always the installation folder. I would have liked the folder it's in when you try to open a file to be the last folder where you opened a file. Often, I opened a file in a folder, I closed sView, I reopened sView and I wanted to load the file again and I would have to browse to the folder.
Thanks for reply.
I prepare updated version for today: http://www.sview.ru/en/download.
I fixed bug with audio, bug with win-keys (actually I don't notice this bug before :lol: ), add simple open-button, enable separation and zoom controls for video and save last opened folder. This version still have troubles with some image sizes on Catalyst drivers (texture become corrupted, actually NOT my bug but AMD bug, but I tried to find fast workaround for this).
yuriythebest wrote:cool wasn't aware of this site
please add a save feature!!! when you adjust the images you should be able to save em- after moving to sView from stereo photo maker that's the biggest and most annoying issue I have with it. Instead your separation settings are "saved" but they remain for all images so you have to adjust them back to normal if you adjusted them previously - why is that please remove that and add a save feature. sorry for repeating myself but that's this problem outweighs all others by an extreme amount in my opinion.
Safe feature is a good thing, but the problem is that I show non pixel-equivalent image, use OpenGL. To become save useful I need to save used setting in pixels wich is not a simple. So one way is to use multipliers and you got the image that actually NOT 100% equivalent as you see on screen; another way is to save rendered image and so you got picture as you SEE, but you'll got quality regression. I add simple functionality in this build (9.5dev24) wich accessed via 'Ctrl+S' but it is UGLY. I'll do safe feature anyway in future.

Freke1 wrote:Yes and CRT monitor.
Wich outputs you test? There are several in list. You can find them in 'Start->All programs->sView->Outputs'
ED should activated with PageFlip and Interlace outputs.
Also, wich Monitor frequency you use and do you see any onscreen codes on top? Have you ONE monitor or several?
Last edited by gkv311 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

That was fast. :)
gkv311 wrote:
yuriythebest wrote:cool wasn't aware of this site
Safe feature is a good thing, but the problem is that I show non pixel-equivalent image, use OpenGL. To become save useful I need to save used setting in pixels wich is not a simple. So one way is to use multipliers and you got the image that actually NOT 100% equivalent as you see on screen; another way is to save rendered image and so you got picture as you SEE, but you'll got quality regression. I add simple functionality in this build (9.5dev24) wich accessed via 'Ctrl+S' but it is UGLY. I'll do safe feature anyway in future.
I understood what yuriythebest asked differently than you or I'm misunderstanding the explanation you are giving. I don't think yuriythebest wants to save the picture that is on screen to a file. I think he wants sView to remember the position and zoom used for every opened file. Similarly to what iZ3D Media Player Classic does. It saves the path to the file, the stereo mode and the separation used for each file loaded in the registry. You might want to set a maximum number of settings remembered or save it to an ini file so you don't put too much data in the registry unnecessarily.

I've got some other suggestions. I'm using an iZ3D monitor and I've been playing with modifying the source code of iZ3D Media Player Classic to try out some experimental features I thought about. iZ3D programmed support for side-by-side, interlaced and over/under. I added two new modes. They are red/cyan and green/magenta. For red/cyan, what I do is that I display red in only one eye and I display green+blue in the other eye. For green/magenta, I display green in one eye and I display red+blue in the other. I also fixed the code that is used to use shaders and I sometimes use the greyscale shader with the red/cyan and green/magenta mode because it makes the ghosting less visible. It works really well. When diplaying in greyscale, the result is amazing. It's about equal in quality to a side-by-side picture. It works but it's lacking a move and zoom feature so I like sView better.

I'd like you to add this to sView. A red/cyan mode, a green/magenta mode and an option to display in grayscale.

gkv311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gkv311 »

Tril wrote:I'd like you to add this to sView. A red/cyan mode, a green/magenta mode and an option to display in grayscale.
Do you looked for already supported Anaglyph shaders (in Anaglyph Output mode ofcouse)? You could switch them with:
F1: Optimized (default);
F2: Simple Red/Blue;
F3: Gray;
F4: True (dark);
F5: Yellow;
keys. Grayscale also in the list, or someone missed?
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

I want to use anaglyph as input and iZ3D as output. I want to look at anaglyph pictures with polarized glasses on my iZ3D monitor. You open an anaglyph picture and generate a left and right picture from it. For red/cyan, my basic way of doing it is to generate the left view with the red of the original picture and generate the right view with the green+blue of the original picture.

gkv311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gkv311 »

sViewSetup_v.9.5dev25.exe
Just add mirror outputs modes for Dual Output plugin. Switching with F1-F5 keys.
Tril wrote:I want to use anaglyph as input and iZ3D as output. I want to look at anaglyph pictures with polarized glasses on my iZ3D monitor. You open an anaglyph picture and generate a left and right picture from it. For red/cyan, my basic way of doing it is to generate the left view with the red of the original picture and generate the right view with the green+blue of the original picture.
You mean use for IZ3D front/back computation color-cutted images from anaglyph? And this works (means you got nice color stereo image) ;)?
Last edited by gkv311 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

gkv311 wrote:
Tril wrote:I want to use anaglyph as input and iZ3D as output. I want to look at anaglyph pictures with polarized glasses on my iZ3D monitor. You open an anaglyph picture and generate a left and right picture from it. For red/cyan, my basic way of doing it is to generate the left view with the red of the original picture and generate the right view with the green+blue of the original picture.
You mean use for IZ3D front/back computation color-cutted images from anaglyph? And this works (means you got nice color stereo image) ;)?
Yes. Generate left and right view from anaglyph picture by copying only certain colors then use iZ3D calculation to calculate front and back panels. It has the advantage that each eye is not limited to seeing only the colors that a red or cyan filter lets pass. It also has the advantage that I don't need anaglyph glasses (I don't have a pair).

About my suggestion of a anaglyph grayscale input mode, I mean that you generate a left and right view by copying only certain colors, then you change the generated left and right views to grayscale, then you calculate front and back panels.

You might want to add this input mode in other output modes. The technique should work with any S3D display.

I found a bug or it's a feature. I'm using an iZ3D monitor. If I manually use the anaglyph output shortcut once, the next time I open a jps picture by executing it (jps associated with sView), sView will open in anaglyph output mode instead of auto-detecting iZ3D and opening in iZ3D mode.

gkv311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gkv311 »

Tril wrote:I found a bug or it's a feature. I'm using an iZ3D monitor. If I manually use the anaglyph output shortcut once, the next time I open a jps picture by executing it (jps associated with sView), sView will open in anaglyph output mode instead of auto-detecting iZ3D and opening in iZ3D mode.
That is the feature - shortcut force manual selection, so it become saved. There will be more options available in future...
gkv311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gkv311 »

Tril wrote:Generate left and right view from anaglyph picture by copying only certain colors then use iZ3D calculation to calculate front and back panels. It has the advantage that each eye is not limited to seeing only the colors that a red or cyan filter lets pass. It also has the advantage that I don't need anaglyph glasses (I don't have a pair).

About my suggestion of a anaglyph grayscale input mode, I mean that you generate a left and right view by copying only certain colors, then you change the generated left and right views to grayscale, then you calculate front and back panels.

You might want to add this input mode in other output modes. The technique should work with any S3D display.
Interesting idea... actually I hate anaglyphs and don't have anyone on PC, but tried to add support for this as source.
You could try it with this version:
sViewSetup_v.9.5dev25a.exe

You could enable it by pressing 'R' key (Red-Cyan). This process image in simple way, means just separate Left/Right by R/GB channels. To view any image in grayscale(simple postprocess) - press 'G' key.
Last edited by gkv311 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

It works. Thank you. It's an interesting feature because you can find lots of anaglyph picture on the net.
You can find lots of anaglyph pictures here : http://www.flickr.com/groups/anaglyph/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It might be necessary to increase the brightness of the red eye when doing grayscale conversion. When turning to grayscale, the eye that sees red is darker than the other eye.

I noticed that there is a file size limit. I tried to open a file that was 2771x1681 but it only opened approximately 2038x1555.

Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

gkv311 wrote: Interesting idea... actually I hate anaglyphs and don't have anyone on PC, but tried to add support for this as source.
http://www.sview.ru/files/download/sVie ... dev25a.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You could enable it by pressing 'R' key (Red-Cyan). This process image in simple way, means just separate Left/Right by R/GB channels. To view any image in grayscale(simple postprocess) - press 'G' key.
SO does this mean it does anaglyph - iz3d conversion? If so, that is great! I have been wanting something like that for the longest time.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

Welder wrote:
gkv311 wrote: Interesting idea... actually I hate anaglyphs and don't have anyone on PC, but tried to add support for this as source.
http://www.sview.ru/files/download/sVie ... dev25a.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SO does this mean it does anaglyph - iz3d conversion? If so, that is great! I have been wanting something like that for the longest time.
Yes but it does not try to recreate the missing colors. It just displays red in one eye and green+blue in the other but it gives pretty good results. Give it a try.

gkv311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gkv311 »

Tril wrote:It works. Thank you. It's an interesting feature because you can find lots of anaglyph picture on the net.
You can find lots of anaglyph pictures here : http://www.flickr.com/groups/anaglyph/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It might be necessary to increase the brightness of the red eye when doing grayscale conversion. When turning to grayscale, the eye that sees red is darker than the other eye.

I noticed that there is a file size limit. I tried to open a file that was 2771x1681 but it only opened approximately 2038x1555.
At this time I always fill texture with whole image. Default size for texture 2048x2048 for each eye. Texture size is ajustable (but no GUI for this time :)), on modern card you can use up to 8192x8192 textures. If you are a win 'expert' you can change values yourself for alpha version - all setting for windows saved on HKCU -> Software -> sView in register (for old sView too).

---

small update:
sViewSetup_v.9.5dev26.exe
gkv311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gkv311 »

New small update:
sViewSetup_v.9.6dev13a.exe

- fixed QuadBuffer detection crash on some systems;
- improved Catalyst compatibility - for RadeOn's cards (you need Catalyst 9.5+ driver!);
- new Panorama mode ('P' button);
- perfomance tricks;
- automatically increase texture size to fit large images;
- detect wrong window coordinates on program startup (on display configuration change, for example);
- new software PageFlip swap LR button 'F11' (old sView version style, NOT the same then 'W' button wich switch Left/Right on source, not output);
- source format option now restored on program restarts;
gkv311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gkv311 »

OK, after years of development sView 2009 (yea yea - 2009...) was now released!
Most known problems were solved and I think the program is ready for most users.
Here is a lot of new things like movie playback and Internet browser plugin for embedded stereo; more stereoscopic devices now supported; mouse control; drag & drop; and so on.

Look free to test it yourself!
http://www.sview.ru/en/download" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Great!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600