What 3D projector for gaming and blu-ray?

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
bp2010
One Eyed Hopeful

What 3D projector for gaming and blu-ray?

Post by bp2010 »

Hi all.

Within the next few months, I want to buy a 3d projector to replace my aged Dell 3300mp. I have a few basic requirements I would like to have met.

1. 720p (since 1080p is currently out of the question for a 3d projector).
2. Capable of 3d gaming.
3. Capable of playing 3d blu-rays, preferably via a PC with a blu-ray drive.
4. Doesn't require me to get in bed with Nvidia. Oops. That just made it a lot harder.
5. Dramatically less crosstalk than the iZ3D 22'' LCD. (heh, heh, boy was that thing a disappointment)
6. Average or better contrast.

Also, I don't want the hassle of a dual projector system or DIY hardware adapters.

What are my options? I know Bit Cauldron is supposedly working on some new amazing shutter glasses compatible w/the iZ3D driver, so that might be an option too if it doesn't take too much longer.

EDIT:

My system specs might be helpful. A solution that would work with both machines would be wonderful btw:

Primary system:
Windows 7 Pro x64
i7 860
8gb ram
Radeon 5870 (2x DVI, 1x HDMI, 1x Displayport)

Secondary system:
Windows 7 Pro x64
Core 2 Duo - 2.4ghz
3gb ram
Nvidia 8800gtx (2x DVI, 1x Component video)
Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Re: What 3D projector for gaming and blu-ray?

Post by Anthony1 »

Your best bet is to wait until CEDIA in late September. There are expected to be two dozen 3D projectors announced there. Maybe more.
bp2010
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: What 3D projector for gaming and blu-ray?

Post by bp2010 »

Oooh. That should raise the bar considerably. Hopefully at least one of these two dozen will have HQ glasses and good compatibility with iZ3D drivers and ATI graphics.

Return to “3D Projectors”