TAKE YOUR OWN 3D PICTURES!

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

TAKE YOUR OWN 3D PICTURES!

Post by sharky »

hi guys!

An adapter is aviable in shops some (read post of ssiu below) and lets you create without problems 3d pictures!

if you have one, or buy one don't forget to post you pics in the forum!

give it a look:

from brezin.com
-------------------------

3D Lens in a Cap
Turns standard or digital SLR camera into 3D camera

Digital SLR users see here first
Specifications

The 3D Lens in a Cap is a new body cap for SLR cameras with interchangeable lenses. The 3D body cap turns a standard or digital SLR into a 3D camera. SLR cameras have accurate viewing, exposure control and a wide range of shutter speeds. Some SLRs have auto TTL flash. With the Loreo 3D Lens in a Cap, all these features are harnessed to produce excellent 3D prints or digital images. The processed 3D prints are ready for viewing with our 3D print viewers. They can also be viewed on computer screens after scanning or if received in computer file format.

This attachment produces side by side images like in the old stereoscopes.
No special processing is needed simply process as normal 35mm print film and receive side by side prints.

For the technically minded the 3D Cap has a matched pair of focusing lenses, focusing range from one meter to infinity. F/11 lenses, focal length 38 mm. The 3D Lens in Cap is a brand new design. It forms a 3D effect by transposing two images. It is a self-contained, integrated beamsplitter and lens system that mounts directly onto the camera body and does not need any supporting lens. This means that it does not work with SLRs which do not have interchangeable lenses, such as the Olympus E series digital cameras. It is available with most common mount types ? Canon EOS, Canon FD, Nikon, Olympus, Minolta AF, Minolta MF and Pentax K. Users of digital SLRs will usually need to get the 3/4 (T) variety. Please see the specification page to double check which Digital lens in a cap is correct for you.

---------------

bye

sharky
Last edited by sharky on Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

only still pictures

Post by ssiu »

This only works for certain SLR cameras (digital or film). There isn't any SLR camera that can take movie clips.

The best quality solution for stereoscopic pictures/movies is to mount 2 identical digital cameras/camcorders side-by-side to a special metal bar/frame, plus some special synchronization hardware that allows you to shoot a picture / start a movie at the exact same time. There is a small enthusiast community for taking S-3D pictures (and even smaller community for S-3D movies) -- kinda comparable to the situation of S-3D computer gamers versus general computer gamers-at-large.
sharky

Post by sharky »

hi ssiu!

could you please explain why it doesn'T work for every cam? isnt it just a mirror wicht divides in the middle the image? if it is so it should work for every one. the only problem i see is taht you will have a high picture instead of a normal one. but that can be solved cutting the top and the bottom of the image...

ssiu

Post by ssiu »

First of all, different cameras / camcorders have different lens sizes (different diameter / circumstances etc.), and not all have threads that allow you to screw something (e.g. UV filters) in front of the lens. So the 3D lens-in-a-cap and your camera/camcorder have to be matching size to fit.

Secondly, the 3D lens-in-a-cap is not an adapter that you fit on top of an existing lens. It is a replacement lens, i.e. you remove your camera's existing lens, and then put the 3D lens-in-a-cap onto your camera. It is made for SLR cameras that have interchangable lens. Non-SLR (i.e. "point-and-shoot") digital cameras' lens cannot be removed. The 3D lens-in-a-cap is designed/made for SLR cameras only. (And there are different versions for different brands/models of SLR cameras; you have to be careful to buy the correct version for your specific SLR camera.)

The 3D lens-in-a-cap's optical quality is generally worse than an average SLR camera's regular lens. The picture quality can be "good" to "adequate" when there is enough light. (But quality is subjective and depends on how picky/demanding you are.)

I don't actually own any of these, but I have done quite a bit of reading/research on them before.
sharky

Post by sharky »

thank you sisu for your explanation!

next week i am going to try to make an adapter for my camera.. if it works i am going to put a tutorial online.. lets see if it works.. :)

thank you again

bye

sharky

wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

how much does the lens and the camera cost?
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
ssiu

Post by ssiu »

The 3D lens-in-a-cap for digital SLR cameras costs almost $100. (The one for film SLR cameras is around $60.) Refer to manufacturer online order page: http://www.loreo.com/pages/shop/loreo_p ... nline.html

A digital SLR camera starts from around $300-$400 and can go up to thousands of dollars.
wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

actually thats a pretty good price :? can video cameras use this lens too?
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
lnrrgb

Re: TAKE YOUR OWN 3D PICTURES! -BUMP

Post by lnrrgb »

WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re:

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

wuhlei wrote:actually thats a pretty good price :? can video cameras use this lens too?
I asked the nice folks at http://www.berezin.com and the answer was no.

It would have been cool though wouldn't it?

:polarized
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
skrubol
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Re:

Post by skrubol »

WheatstoneHolmes wrote:
wuhlei wrote:actually thats a pretty good price :? can video cameras use this lens too?
I asked the nice folks at http://www.berezin.com and the answer was no.

It would have been cool though wouldn't it?

:polarized
May not work on a video camera, but most new SLR's can do video, some quite well. A lot of proam (and some pro,) videographers are buying Rebel t2i's and 5dII's because of the shallow DoF and manual controls that can give results more like film and digital cinema gear.
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: TAKE YOUR OWN 3D PICTURES!

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

Cool, man! Thanks!

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”