I just bought the new Samsung 55 inch led 3d tv

Own a 3D HDTV? Trying to learn about the latest and greatest? Post here!
allworthit
One Eyed Hopeful

I just bought the new Samsung 55 inch led 3d tv

Post by allworthit »

I'm really enjoying the samsung 55 inche 3d led tv. It's alright still playing around with it I'm trying to get iz3d drivers to work with it. I got given 2 samsung shutter glasses free with the monsters vs alien movie. The 3d did'nt look that 3d because I bought a panasonic blu ray player, taking that back to get the samsung 3d blu ray player. Suckfully the samsung blu ray player does'nt have surround sound speakers, so I was thinking of using the Logitech Z5500 speaker set. Any pc freak will know what that is.

Anyhow back to the tv, it has the 2d->3d option and 6 other 3d modes not sure on how to activate them yet but Hey I'm still learning. it looks like it has the checkered option what ever that is. It splits images sideways & up and down. The coolest thing about this tv is how crystal clear everything is. I will answering anyones questions or even try anyones idea's just give me a bell.

I'll also update you on the 3d Samsung blu ray player.

Oh one other thing if anyone could help me getting the iz3d drivers to work on this tv I would much apprietiate that.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: I just bought the new Samsung 55 inch led 3d tv

Post by Likay »

Ok on the iz3d drivers. Get the latest 1.10 from their site or the 1.11beta2. Disable antivirus during the install (select FULL install!) since some interferes with it. Antivirus can be enabled once the driver is installed.
When the driver is installed: Open up the iz3d control panel (i think you should have a new trayicon, otherwise launch it from Start-program etc...).
Click the "Directx"-tab. Under output you need to select the 3d-dlp or the ati-dlp (i'm using version 1.1 for now). Also check the "Enable stereo by hotkey" and press apply. You should be done now but eventually a reboot is needed.
If you now go to the "Help"-tab you should be able to click the left blueish iz3d-icon. This will start a testprogram to verify it's working. If it is then all good if it isn't, i don't know what to do. :lol:

The tv must be set in 3d-mode i believe. Sometimes some functions in tv's can mess up 3d so check the manual which settings that are appropriate.

Default hotkeys (all on the numerical board) during gameplay:
[*] toggles stereo on/off
[+] and [-] regulates separation
[Shift]+[+] and [Shift]+[-] regulates convergence
Separation sets the desired amount of depth.
Convergence sets the convergence. Easily (not correctly) explained this pushes or pulls the entire scene towards you. If everything has little depth regardless what you do with separation, then use convergence to pull everything towards you a bit.
The trick to get 3d going well is learning how to setup 3d well. Check here.

Congratz on your choice! There's no way back to singleeyeviewing now. ;)
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I believe that TV supports side-by-side 3D, might be the easiest to setup with the IZ3D driver. I think it only works at 1080P resolution, so make sure you are using that. When you install the iz3d driver make sure you do the full install and choose the additional outputs like side-by-side or checkerboard (3D DLP). Then you just have to use the TV remote to set the correct 3D mode.
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

Samsung C7000/C8000 series support side-by-side and top/bottom formats in 720p, 1080i, and 1080p CEA modes; it supports checkerboard, line interleaved and column interleaved in all standard VESA modes plus 1080p60 CEA mode (so not only native 1920x1080 stereo unlike the older Samsung sets).

So iZ3D checkerboard output should offer the best quality (I don't think 3D Vision driver will support it though, as they are blocking unsupported sets by EDID).
3DReady
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DReady »

The C7000 is just in front of me, on my desk, and I'm typing this post with the 3dtv connected to my laptop, and downloading the latest firmware. There's something strange with the 3D thing on this TV, I'll write more after the update. The 2D to 3D is quite fun btw.

edit: crosstalk is killing 3D on this TV... the review is coming soon
mickeyjaw
Cross Eyed!

Post by mickeyjaw »

3DReady wrote:crosstalk is killing 3D on this TV
Tell me about it! I tried the 46" one in a store the other day. I brought with me an external USB HDD full of 3d clips. I found it to ghost almost as badly as my 10 year old CRT monitor. So far the most ghosting free solution I have seen has to be DLP projection...
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

I was interested in getting that unit until I saw the 46" version in store and was disappointed with the extent of the ghosting.

I am curious to know when you get the 3DBD player about the output options:
1. Is it possible to output through the composite with side-by-side?
2. Does it convert anaglyph 3D disks to full colour?

I'm sure I have more questions, but these are my main ones at this time.
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

Strange that the size differance should make it ghost. :shock:

Return to “3D HDTVs”