compatible display with nvidia AND ati AND PS3 entry level?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
blobbybob
One Eyed Hopeful

compatible display with nvidia AND ati AND PS3 entry level?

Post by blobbybob »

i have read lots of stuff and iam getting confused, so here is my question?

i want to view 3d content on my PC, Laptop and PS3 by buying only 1 Display without paying too much.
i would like to see my Maya stuff in 3d...

PC: Ati 5770 EDIT : PC have onboard geforce 6150

Laptop: Dell Precision M4400 with nvidia Quadro 770M(supposed to be compatible with nvidia 3D vision)
PS3 80GB model compatible PS2

current display devices:

Samung Syncmaster 955DF(CRT monitor)
Daenyx 26''lcd dn263d(HDTV)
LG 42'' Plasma 42PQ10(HDTV)

current 3d glasses: paper red/blue anaglyph photos-3d.com(not enough quality, always falling, headache...)

i am in Quebec(Canada)

any idea come to mind?
i don't want to buy something big!
price issue.
Last edited by blobbybob on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taz291819
Cross Eyed!

Re: compatible display with nvidia AND ati AND PS3 entry lev

Post by taz291819 »

The only thing that comes to mind are the new Mits DLPs, or the older Mits DLPs with their upcoming converter (needed for the PS3).
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

That is a lot of requirements and they is nothing I know of that will work like that. If you want to play PC games then something like the Zalman Trimon or IZ3D monitor is compatible with both Nvidia and ATI. If you want to play PS3 in 3D than you need a HDMI 1.4 compatible HDTV like the Panasonic VT20. If you get an older model Mitsubishi 3D-DLP then that will work with both ATI and Nvidia cards and with a $100 adapter can work with PS3. However I don't think there is any solution to model in Maya and view the results in realtime 3D. You could, however, render out a 3D movie and watch it on a PC.
blobbybob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by blobbybob »

cybereality wrote: If you want to play PC games then something like the Zalman Trimon or IZ3D monitor is compatible with both Nvidia and ATI. If you want to play PS3 in 3D than you need a HDMI 1.4 compatible HDTV like the Panasonic VT20.
i think i saw somewhere someone saying tha he used 3d vision with PS3...dont remember the display used though.

cybereality wrote:If you get an older model Mitsubishi 3D-DLP then that will work with both ATI and Nvidia cards and with a $100 adapter can work with PS3.

a quick look on ebay.ca doent show many Mitsubishi 3d tv. wonder if i can someting like this in a local shop.
cybereality wrote:However I don't think there is any solution to model in Maya and view the results in realtime 3D. You could, however, render out a 3D movie and watch it on a PC.
Well from what i have seen nvidia 3d vision do that. There is some pages on nvidia web site that include quadro cards as compatible with 3d vision and other pages lists only geforce....Just to be clear, anyway that maya part would be used only on the laptop.

by the way i forgot to mention my pc have an old onboard geforce 6150 card. can this be used with my crt?i'd have to buy just a pair of 3d glasses and use an old driver(vista???), right?
Laptop: Dell Precision M4400 with nvidia quadro 770m 512MB video gpu 100 GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 4GB RAM.
Desktop: Amd atlhon x2 5200+, ati hd5770 1GB Card. Onboard Geforce 6150
Samsung 955df CRT monitor
Which do you think i use for gaming?

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”