X3D video question

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Dowjd
One Eyed Hopeful

X3D video question

Post by Dowjd »

Hey I am really new to the 3D arena, so please excuse my ignorance. I bought an X3D (PC) system several years ago and dug it out of my gizmo closet the other day. I downloaded some movies to watch (all in 2D format). My question is why do some play in 3D and some don't. When using the PC Gateway I open a file some say "X3D GatewayPro cannot render this file." Others begin to play but will not expand to the full screen, they play in a small window.

I know the X3D people are out of business, so does anyone know what is wrong and what I can do? I'd like to be able to watch a few good show's (Star Trek, Star Gate Atlantis, Babylon 5, etc) in some sort of 3D. Is it possible using this program? Do I have to convert the videos to some format?

Is there any other software that will play videos in 3D? (probably a stupid question) :oops:

Thanks
Jeff
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Hi Jeff, The folks at TriDef have a Media Player that can convert 2D images, video clips, and DVD's into pseudo-3D real-time. The experience isn't as crisp and clean as native stereo content, but is pretty good after a little tweaking. You can find more info on their website at http://www.tridef.com
I don't have any experience with the X3D software but I am sure there are some other folks on the boards that do...

Welcome to MTBS3D! A lot of cool people here that are very active in the boards!

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Dowjd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dowjd »

Thanks Pixel I am downloading it now. Will try it. Looking forward to watching flicks in 3D. :wink:

Jeff
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Jeff, just to set your expectations correctly. It isn't true 3D so don't expect to be blown away, but it is a decent 3D effect. There are many settings that you can play with to achieve optimum results. Setting it to Ultrasmooth and Extreme Quality via the keyboard shortcuts seems to work the best.

http://www.tridef.com/media/player/navi ... dShortCuts

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”