Wow, check this LED Samsung 3D series out

Own a 3D HDTV? Trying to learn about the latest and greatest? Post here!
slipstream
Cross Eyed!

Wow, check this LED Samsung 3D series out

Post by slipstream »

Apparently converts all games and films to 3D without the need for a driver.

http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/tv-a ... returnurl=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Wow, check this LED Samsung 3D series out

Post by Neil »

This is a 2D/3D image conversion, and it's based on DDD's algorithm.

Regards,
Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Manufacturers and salesmens really needs to have some lessons in what's entitled to be called 3d. In my opinion conversions are NOT as is today. The regular interested consumer must be able to know the difference between pseudostereo and real stereo and salesmens are often the first contact. Conversions are literally exploding to somehow satisfy the need for 3d-content. For as long as the ordinary man is aware of the difference i don't mind, but this is often newcomers first impression. I can just imagine how many trashed it because the effect isn't right.
If not true 3d then name it appropriate. But not 3d. Just my opinion.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
slipstream
Cross Eyed!

Post by slipstream »

Thanks guy's, leave well alone then? I must admit I am really happy that Panasonic and Nvidia (3DTV Play software) have formed an alliance, and the fact that the new 3D Viera range are full 3D HD. That will be my choice. Basically you wear the Panny glasses (hopefully included) which look quite cool, and the 3DTV Play software costs, I believe, 30 bucks but is free to current 3D vision users. :shutter
ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by ssiu »

slipstream wrote:I must admit I am really happy that Panasonic and Nvidia (3DTV Play software) have formed an alliance, and the fact that the new 3D Viera range are full 3D HD. That will be my choice.
We need to get the message out wide and loud -- for 3D gaming, there are currently no 3D HDTVs that are confirmed "full 1080p 3D", even for those advertised as full 3D HD. It is either "720p HDMI 3D", or some 3D HDTVs may also support half-resolution 1080p 3D. Manufacturers are all keeping silent and hoping the potential buyers won't notice until too late.

(This is only a problem with 3D gaming; 3D broadcasts and 3D Blu-Ray movies etc. are full 3D HD.)

This has been discussed in various threads before so I won't repeat my rants. If you feel cheated then help spread the message ...
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I do not have much faith in real-time 3D conversion, but I have heard from people that have the Samsung set and they seem to like the feature. I have tried the 3D conversion on the TriDef driver and it is mild at the best. Not even close to a real 3D image. But I guess conversion has its place as long as people understand what they are getting.
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Built in conversion would be great for spicing up your old movies. Ive had fun with the pdvd 10 converter. Would be cool once they could be compared by someone to see which gives the best results.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

Return to “3D HDTVs”