MTBS’ 2007 Year-End Message

Love it or Lump it - post your feedback to individual blog posts on mtbs3D.com
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

MTBS’ 2007 Year-End Message

Post by Neil »

Happy New Year Everyone!

Put some ideas together on what you would like to see happen in 2008, and try to be original!

Website ideas, services, features, anything!

Let's make 2008 an awesome year! :P

Regards,
Neil
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Happy new year, Neil.

The only thing I hope for is for more happy 3D gamers.
Look at the enthusiastic comments to this video (because it looks "3D-like" (but isn't actually)):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw
people love it.

Could be easier if we could embed videos, but I can live without.

Edit: The contact to Nvidia is non-existant. Could it be possible to get a Nvidia 3D driver dev contact in these forums?

/Freke1
CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

It is 3D, it's just not stereoscopic. I can't comment for sure since I haven't watched that video, but I think I know what it is about.

The brain uses many cues to sense 3D. Stereoscopic 3D is one of those cues, but motion parallax is another.
Motion parallax is often said to be a stronger 3D cue than stereoscopic 3D. They both use the same parallax principle. Stereoscopic 3D without motion parallax creates some bizare optical illusions when you move your head. Head tracked perspective works best when combined with stereoscopic 3D. It also works really well when you have multiple screens set up at an angle to each other.

I should have another go at making a stereoscopic driver which includes head-tracked perspective with a Wiimote. I made one before that worked with an Essential Reality P5 Glove stuck on your head. But I never got around to finishing it off. It was loads of fun playing Hitman 2 with it though.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

NVIDIA Involvement

Post by Neil »

Hi Freke,

NVIDIA is familiar with us, and I have invited their senior stereoscopic driver development team to be interviewed on MTBS. I think it's a question of if and how they want to communicate with their customer base, so let's see what the new year brings.

If you would like NVIDIA to make an appearance on MTBS, I strongly recommend you let them know. They are always welcome here.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “MTBS Editorial User Remarks”