links to form pages and specific game profiles and notes

GameGrade3D is a new gamer driven database of the top games, their best settings, and the visual results you can expect using DDD, iZ3D, NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision, and native 3D solutions.

Have questions and ideas for GameGrade3D? Share them here!
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

links to form pages and specific game profiles and notes

Post by iondrive »

I would like to see some convenient links to the form pages so I can look them over before I start an evaluation. The reason is because when I was filling things out I saw that some things are covered in the third page that I had checked in the second page so I had to go back and forth a little in order to not have the same issues counted twice. Or maybe have an option so it's all in one long web-page. Either way is good. You can put the links in your top locked announcement:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=9956" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, when there's a checkbox marked other, there should be a text box where we can say what we did. In my case (AvP Classic 2000), it's a registry entry to 2d-ify the HUD. If it's a big long profile like my Starwars Battlefront 1 or 2 profiles for iZ3D, then you might enable people to link to it so others can easily use it. For example, if they use my profile, the sky depth problem will be gone and so the overall score will change. I just think some space for user's notes is very important. That's why I don't even look at nvidia's game list because they tell me so little. I'm glad here you can get some details about the way people filled out the forms but there should still be room for odd notes since so often a form can't predict what people will need to say. For example, with AvP Classic 2000, I was able to do a game file image tweak and get rid of the 2d game crosshairs that way. Now the game is great. I don't know if you want to include hacking as a normal option since it's so inconvenient and you're trying to rate the game the way the makers made it. It's an excellent job so far but I don't know how often I'll use it. I like to give my own subjective opinion more and it depends so much on having the right settings and being comfortable with them the way I often use popout to get around the 2d-game-reticle problem. OK, too much information. Summarizing...

include easy to find sample form pages,
include room for evaluator's notes and a link to game profile used,
include room for subjective game rating, basically would we recommend this game to someone who likes that game type to play it in s3d. (just like idea from another thread)
And maybe "can you see yourself playing this game again in 5 years?"

--- iondrive ---

PS: you have a checkbox for if anomalies go away with using lots of depth, you could also have a checkbox for if anomalies go away with using high-convergence/low-separation settings. Example: the Predator has thermal vision but it's 2d overlaying the man you look at. With the right hi-conv/lo-sep settings, this anomaly is completely ignorable.

PPS: should I not include old-school nvidia or do you think people will just know that 162.50 drivers are old-school?
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: links to form pages and specific game profiles and notes

Post by Neil »

Thanks for the input!

No old-school drivers, please.

I'm working remotely, but we will review this options.

Regards,
Neil
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: links to form pages and specific game profiles and notes

Post by iondrive »

OK,

old-school comments:
sadly, I will refrain from posting old-school data here. Very sadly that is but it's probably the right call. But just a note that AvP Classic 2000 does not work with iZ3D nor Tridef, only old-school. Probably because it was originally DX3 I believe and was converted to use DX9 so maybe there's something odd about it that the other drivers don't like.

2d crosshairs:
One question I would very much like to see there regarding 2d crosshairs is:

"If applicable, how did you get rid of the 2d crosshairs?"

1 ) game menu option
2 ) changed setting in game's drop-down console
3 ) edited game config file (set to "off", or transparency to 100%, or size to 1 pixel or zero, or other )
4 ) edited image in game files
5 ) used TexMod or other game mod
6 ) other?
7 ) didn't get rid of it, used popout (high convergence / low separation) to make 2d reticle usable.

2d mouse pointers:
I guess you could ask something similar regarding 2d mouse pointers for games that have that issue.

start a wiki:
Have you considered starting a s3d game wiki? You could link that into the game ratings.

Where the value lies:
Once again, for me, the value in such a gamelist is in the notes about how best to run them and deal with the issues that appear although I know not everyone is a tweaker like me.

--- iondrive ---

Return to “GameGrade3D Discussion”