what kind of glasses required for the darkworks TriOviz?

Shutter glasses and custom polarized! Talk about them here.
smoothy
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

what kind of glasses required for the darkworks TriOviz?

Post by smoothy »

Hey guys,

Got a few questions on this new TriOviz

When answering my questions please quote them, it's easier to know which question your answering then...Thanks!

I was reading about the darkworks TriOviz some new kind of software for all consoles that can convert any 2D game into 3D and work on normal TV's and the new 3D tv's. So for normal TV's are we talking anaglyph, colorcode glasses or better?

I imagine if the 2D game is being converted to 3d and being played on a 3D tv then you could use the glasses that came with that TV (polarized or active) right?

Do you know if this software could be used to convert any 2D video content (blu-ray, DVD) into 3D on all consoles? This would be awesome as then I could connect the PS3 to a projector.

I hope you can please answer all my questions

Any help much appreciated

Many thanks in advance
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: what kind of glasses required for the darkworks TriOviz?

Post by cybereality »

The TriOviz format is just a form of anaglyph, similar to colorcode but with darker filters. The glasses should come with the supported game (ie Batman: AA). What the company does is sell a sort of 3D patch that will be able to make games into 3D. But the developers have to implement their code into the game. It is not like a PC driver that will work with just anything. Also, I don't believe they ever said anything about converting video content. Hope that helps.
smoothy
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: what kind of glasses required for the darkworks TriOviz?

Post by smoothy »

Many thanks for your reply

It seems this TriOViz is pretty cool and I would have to check it out

Return to “3D Glasses”