Anyone heard of this ?

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
stepsbarto

Anyone heard of this ?

Post by stepsbarto »

Hi Everybody ,

i wonder if someone knows more about this product .
Though it should be presented in November , I cant find anything but these
links.

http://www.zecotek.com/EN/3d_displays/

http://www.anteryon.com/applications/img_multiview.html

Regards
steps
Mel
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Looks interesting.

Post by Mel »

Has anyone ever experienced an 'auto-view' 3D solution? No glasses or other accessories.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I haven't seen one yet, but I think sharp produces some more autostereoscopic displays.
And Phillips is going to present or presented a autostereoscopic TV (very expencive!)

In generall you have to sit in one/multiple fixed positions to get the 3D image right. The lenses of the Monitor derect the light from different pixels (left/right one or even more...) to different angles.

I wonder if the distance to the monitor is important :?:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Think they use "column interlacing" and prismas. Unless you can adjust the view from the monitor there will certainly be one hotspot where you have to sit. You also might have hotspots at the sides of the center so maybe 5 or perhaps even more can have the 3d-effect by sitting next to each other. Everybody has to be in that specific hotspot though. Too close and you get interference left/right eye and the same if sitting further away. This is not professional statement but i think this might be the fact. The left eye and the right eye are probably beamed in certain directions using prismas. Therefore you should have hotspots and also several of them. If somebody has some real facts and/or experience i'm very curious though. :D

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Mel

Doesn't sound terribly promising, does it?

Post by Mel »

Wait and see...
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSDsd-vEtqM
In this video you can see how it works, although the low quality of the video makes it difficult. He moves the camera left and right and at some points you can see the border between the two perspectives.
Jahun

Post by Jahun »

I saw a number of autostereoscopic displays up to now and have quite mixed feelings about it. I wrote about a few some time ago in the general forum section I think.

Usually given pro's for autostereoscopic and my feeling about it:

-No more glasses, weeeee!
Sure it is gadget like to not need glasses, and it helps when you want to lure unsuspecting onlookers to your shop window or whatever. But it comes at a price, varying for the different solutions. Personally I prefer to have glasses and skip all the irritating autostereo hassle.

-You can walk around an object!
Well this is for a few of the multiseat autostereo solutions like the Philips 3D TV. When, ever, will someone sitting at home and watching tv or playing a game, get up, and try to walk around something. Really.... Again, advertisement coolness, not much use in home. Especially since you'll go through odd spots between the "hotspots"

I haven't seen autostereo solution yet, that would be cool for my personal use. Most lack a decent resolution (even though they are made up of HD screens, most resolution is lost in the autostereo process) and often they have low brightness (due to line blanking). And in some cases they have a very very specific type of 3D data (Philips) which seems 100% unable to show a cool 3D gaming experience.

I can go on, but you get my feeling...

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”