iz3d driver with acer GD235HZ

sofmisfortune
One Eyed Hopeful

iz3d driver with acer GD235HZ

Post by sofmisfortune »

Hi All,
I'm am thinking of getting into the 3d gaming realm and have a few questions. Does anyone know if the iz3d drivers will work with the acer GD235HZ 120 hz monitor? All information I've found says that it is for nvidia 3d, and I have invested heavily in ati and saw that they are supported by iz3d. I can buy this monitor locally and is 1080p, which I would prefer as opposed to getting the iz3d monitor and having it shipped internationaly. Also I can pick up samsung 3d glasses (SSG-2200AR/ZA) locally. Any info as to whether this would work or other solutions would be appreciated!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: iz3d driver with acer GD235HZ

Post by cybereality »

At the moment that Acer monitor will only work with Nvidia 3D Vision glasses (and thus Nvidia cards). There is talk that 3rd party glasses, from a company called BitCaldron, will be supported in the future with ATI cards but that is yet to be seen. The Samsung glasses won't work with the monitor no matter what. If you are really set on sticking with ATI you could wait til the summer when there will (hopefully) be ATI compatible glasses. Otherwise I would recommend getting a Zalman Trimon 22" 3D monitor which sells for under $300. It is a very nice monitor and will work with ATI cards with the iz3d or DDD drivers.
sofmisfortune
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sofmisfortune »

Thanks for the info. I will check out that monitor. If I bought the nvidia kit, could I just use the glasses and iz3d driver with ati?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Nvidiaglasses are only supported by nvidiadrivers so far.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”