Compatible solution with my gaming rig

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Bushwa
One Eyed Hopeful

Compatible solution with my gaming rig

Post by Bushwa »

Hello Folks, I really want to get myself a 3d gaming monitor, but I'm trying as hard as possible not to totally rebuild my rig to try 3d. I have been reading as much as I can about what systems might work for me, but I'm having difficulty determining what's current and old news about various solutions. So pardon my ignorance as I ask a couple of quick questions. My main concerns are I am using crossfired 4870's, and windows 7 64 bit. My main question is, will either DDD or IZ3D drivers support this setup? My understanding is IZ3D does not support crossfire yet but plans to at some unknown future date. I cannot really determine if the DDD drivers support crossfire or not. Also, I can't tell if either driver would work for a Win 7 64 bit system, has anyone tried either of these drivers on such a system?

If no solutions exist, I may breakdown and buy a new GFX card if need be, but I'd like to avoid it if possible, save my cash for when I actually need upgraded horsepower, not many games push my system as is at the moment. Thanks in advance for any advise you might have, lovin' the forums, best source of information on 3d gaming anywhere.
Bushwa
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Compatible solution with my gaming rig

Post by Bushwa »

Ok, so after a bit more research it seems like tridef drivers should work with this setup, still curious if anyone has tried it though and whether they found it to work as advertised, thanks again :-)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

It depends which display you are looking at getting. Each display has its own requirements.
Bushwa
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bushwa »

I'm leaning towards the zalman. I like the idea of passive glasses, seems like less could go wrong.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, I've got the Zalman. Its a decent kit. Has some downsides (loss of resolution, small viewing angles) but overall it works. It also has the benefit of working with all 3 drivers (or DDD and IZ3D in your case). So you have some choices. The price is also nice.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”