Bioshock 2 Custom Convergence Settings for 3D Vision Users

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
Bloody
One Eyed Hopeful

Bioshock 2 Custom Convergence Settings for 3D Vision Users

Post by Bloody »

When you activate the 3D Vision stereoscopic 3D mode in Bioshock 2 it looks Ok, but you might notice some issues with lighting and shadows, especially if you increase the depth level a bit more. So playing a bit with convergence is something that needs to be done in order to minimize the negative effects you might experience otherwise and here are my preferred custom convergence settings that I found to give me best results. Just import the right Reg file from the archive below depending on your OS type (32-bit/64-bit) run the game and set the depth level to minimum, then after a bit you can try increasing it a few steps to see if it is Ok with you prefer to leave it at the lowest setting. My custom convergence settings are optimized to provide a bit of pop-out effect of the objects very close to you like for example your drill or when you are next to something on the wall that sticks out. Also the 2D crosshair which might be a problem for some people fits better with these convergence settings as you are not distracted by it seeming double or something like that when it passes over objects with more depth. With these settings you should also have less ghosting and issues with the rendering of lights and shadows like you normally might have. As usual please share your comments on how the custom convergence settings worked for you and if you liked them or not…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”