SOLVED SECOND LIFE NOT WORKING WITH NVIDIA 3D STEREO DRIVER!

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Jarek Dejavu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jarek Dejavu »

:idea: Text things are doing it! :!: Just disable in SL the TEXT MENU and TOOLBAR by pressing CTRL+ALT+1 and then you can enable stereo driver by some predefined shortcut in NVIDIA menu! (CTRL+T is colliding with SL, try to define and use CTRL+G i.e.) Oh... Thats so great to see SL in REAL 3D!!!! And don't forget to get Second Life Speech Tools, MS SAPI voice interface which I made for SL! :wink:
Jarek Dejavu
One Eyed Hopeful

Well.. Not the most stable ever,but still better then before

Post by Jarek Dejavu »

But at last it is at least running now. So you can be experimenting on with disabling render engine parts in the CLIENT menu etc (hotkeys CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,-,=) and find out which features are causing some crashing and which unprecise drawing (like eyes out of head :twisted: LOL) etc :)
dep3d
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dep3d »

HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET SECOND LIFE WORKING WITH NO LUCK

CAN YOU PLEASE BE MORE SPECIFIC ON WHAT IS TURNED ON/OFF?

I KNOW ABOUT THE CTL_T ISSUE

THANKS
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

First:
There is no Reason to write in Caps. If your text is good enought for the Screen that it is displayed on, he will be read. (Hope you understand what I mean)

Second:
There is no general solution for an specific Programm.
To many factors of Hard- and Software are involved, so that a bit dust on your HDD can make a gigant difference.
So you have to try a bit round. Your PC will crash often, but when your Settings are stabel you will be rewardes for your effords.
So yust keep cool and take your time.
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

You used to be able to hit ctrl + alt + 1 to disable the entire hud/on screen menues and that would then allow you to hit your S3D hotkey and get into stereo.

However something in the coding has changed and you will now crash randomly (at least I do). I can only get this to work about 50% of the time. A few months ago this was nearly a flawless procdure.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”