AVATAR: the game and ddd drivers

koshien
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

AVATAR: the game and ddd drivers

Post by koshien »

Hi, I am trying to use ddd drivers (I have just purchased them) with the AVATAR game.
I don't know why, but the native stereoscopic 3D visualization is awful on my Zalman Trimon monitor, so I am trying to use ddd drivers (half life 2 looks very good on my monitor with ddd drivers...).
There is not a profile for the AVATAR game on ddd drivers, so I am using the half-life 2 profile, and I added the game manually.
But when I launch the game, it does not work in stereo-3D mode, just 2D. Why is that?
Please, give me a hand...I see you guys :mrgreen:
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: AVATAR: the game and ddd drivers

Post by Neil »

What is wrong with the native visualization?

You might have to reverse the images in the Avatar S-3D profile. Make sure there aren't any S-3D drivers on or active.

Regards,
Neil
koshien

Post by koshien »

Neil wrote:What is wrong with the native visualization?

You might have to reverse the images in the Avatar S-3D profile. Make sure there aren't any S-3D drivers on or active.

Regards,
Neil
I tried native stereo visualization as soon as it came out, with all settings (intelaced, 22", distance from monitor) and it worked really bad, headache inducing (3D intensity: 1...so that's not the reason).
Before of that, I had tried the demo, and it didn't work at all (two images, but not 3D).
I have just tried again in native stereo-3D and it is finally working (I wonder why it didn't work before...)! But:
- the cut scenes still look terrible...I mean, they are a complete mess! While the stereo-3D mode, while playing, is most of the time really really excellent and immersive....even with the lowest details I had to set.
I am using one of the latest macboock pro with windows 7 64 bit on bootcamp and a Zalman Trimon monitor via vga cable.

Because of the cut-scenes, I still would like to use the ddd drivers I just bought, to see how that turns out.
I have just ordered an xbox 360 version of AVATAR: the game, too...because my parents finally decided to buy a small notebook instead of a desktop because of room and mobility reason...and my xbox 360 plays better than my macbook (and I will finally be able to see how the cut-scenes turn out to be on the console).

Thank you Neil :wink:
taz291819
Cross Eyed!

Post by taz291819 »

I don't think you can use 3rd-Party drivers with Avatar.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Ok. I think it is a bug with the interlaced output because the 22" result is terrible.

Increase the screen size to default. I think it is 50". Just go with default screen size settings. Then things will look good.

Regards,
Neil
koshien

Post by koshien »

taz291819 wrote:I don't think you can use 3rd-Party drivers with Avatar.
Really?
Geforce 3D vision drivers are supported, but not ddd?
I guess there has been some kind of agreement within Ubisoft and Nvidia, since 120 Hz monitors were the only ones not supported in the native stereo-3D settings...that might be the reason...
Thank you :wink:
Neil wrote:Ok. I think it is a bug with the interlaced output because the 22" result is terrible.

Increase the screen size to default. I think it is 50". Just go with default screen size settings. Then things will look good.

Regards,
Neil
Thank you very much!!! :wink:
It is now regularly working! And it is amazing!
taz291819
Cross Eyed!

Post by taz291819 »

koshien wrote:
taz291819 wrote:I don't think you can use 3rd-Party drivers with Avatar.
Really?
Geforce 3D vision drivers are supported, but not ddd?
I guess there has been some kind of agreement within Ubisoft and Nvidia, since 120 Hz monitors were the only ones not supported in the native stereo-3D settings...that might be the reason...
Thank you :wink:
Neil wrote:Ok. I think it is a bug with the interlaced output because the 22" result is terrible.

Regards,
Neil

Thank you very much!!! :wink:
It is now regularly working! And it is amazing!
The Avatar game doesn't use the 3D Vision drivers, it bypasses them, it simply has the support built in. That's what I read on the nvidia forums anyway.
Neil

Post by Neil »

No. Not correct.

Don't you watch MTBS-TV?!? :lol:

[youtube-hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By04FtZRE14[/youtube-hd]

Time index 4:29

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I don't know what is going on with your computer (or your eyes), koshien, but the Avatar implementation for the Zalman monitor is flawless. I have played through the game twice, and I can assure you the 3D effect is second to none and there is nothing wrong with the cutscenes. You can try these settings, which worked great for me:

3D Intensity: 2.0
Use Imperial Units: On
Screen Size: 8 inches
Distance to Screen: 6 feet
taz291819
Cross Eyed!

Post by taz291819 »

Neil wrote:No. Not correct.

Don't you watch MTBS-TV?!? :lol:

[youtube-hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By04FtZRE14[/youtube-hd]

Time index 4:29

Regards,
Neil

I stand corrected, just goes to show, don't believe everything you read.
koshien

Post by koshien »

cybereality wrote:I don't know what is going on with your computer (or your eyes), koshien, but the Avatar implementation for the Zalman monitor is flawless. I have played through the game twice, and I can assure you the 3D effect is second to none and there is nothing wrong with the cutscenes. You can try these settings, which worked great for me:

Neil was rigt, there is a bug! Try and set 22" and you'll see!
Everything is working fine now though!
I'll try your settings too, later :wink:
koshien

Post by koshien »

cybereality wrote:You can try these settings, which worked great for me:

:woot :woot :woot
Those settings are spectacular!!!
This game is blowing me away! Details are all at minimum, but I've never seen anything THIS beautiful, not even with Uncharted 2 :woot
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I agree! You can definitely loose yourself in the athmosphere of Pandora (double meaning for rda's. :P). :woot
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “DDD Tridef Ignition Driver Forums”