VMWare problem

stephenhope
One Eyed Hopeful

VMWare problem

Post by stephenhope »

Hello Everyone,

I am working with dual Operating System XP and Linux.I want to run linux virtually.
I have installed VMWare But not to able to create virual Hard Disk space.

I want to know how to create the Virtual Space to store Linux partition virtually.

Thanks in advance.
anthony morrison
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: VMWare problem

Post by The_Doctor »

I use Sun VirtualBox, it's free and have no problems with anything, all stuff works. Sorry, can't help with vmware.
gisabun
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: VMWare problem

Post by gisabun »

stephenhope wrote:Hello Everyone,

I am working with dual Operating System XP and Linux.I want to run linux virtually.
I have installed VMWare But not to able to create virual Hard Disk space.

I want to know how to create the Virtual Space to store Linux partition virtually.

Thanks in advance.
I've been using VMware Workstation since version 4.5. What are you using? VMware Workstation or Server. Should be identical [with minor differences between versions]. [Obviously the "Player" can't create.]

Check the VMware "community" [forum] site. See what issues you may have with the Linux you want to use. Some have been built already.

You mention that you are running a dual boot with XP and Linux. So on top of this you want a Linux VM in XP? A reminder that at least 2GB of RAM would be recommended with at least 1GB for the host and anything else for the VM.

If you want to take the physical Linux partition and converted it virtually, that's quite a bit of work. Unless there is something on there that's critical, you are probably better off re-installing Linux in the VM.

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”