3D Vision Glasses + CRT 120Hz = ghosting

nickyscout
One Eyed Hopeful

3D Vision Glasses + CRT 120Hz = ghosting

Post by nickyscout »

Hi all.

I have GF 275 + 3D Vision (bought them a week ago) an LG Flatron 915FT (120 Hz at 1024*768)

In all applications (including 3D driver test) I have powerful ghosting (about 20%) in all resolutions (from 1024 to 1280) in all refresh rates (from 120 down to 60).

I've checked demo-configuration (at the shop) - they usin samsung LCD 120Hz, it also have ghosting, but it's about 3-5% (I can see ghost lines if I close one eye)

I've read all info that I can get from internet (including this forum), tried to play with registry settings, but was not success.
Also, I can't find, where I can change sync delay (i think it's the problem, glasses opened when view changing from left to right eye)

Any ideas, or I need to bye new LCD? (I realy don't want it, because 19' LG CRT with 100 Hz is much better then any new LCD that I seen)

Nicky.
relaxman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: 3D Vision Glasses + CRT 120Hz = ghosting

Post by relaxman »

not sure if its because the sync delay.
it is possible that your monitor phosphor isnt quick enough.
when you set black background, and move the white mouse cursor, do you see some ghost?
if yes, first try another crt, its so cheap now :|
nickyscout
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nickyscout »

Thank you!

Good point.
I see small ghost, not very bright. but may be it's enough for ghosting in 3D mode...

Can I decrease ghosting on this CRT or that's no way?

Nicky.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Unfortunately there are no advanced options to tweak for the shutters (there used to be years ago). What you see is what you get. Your best bet is probably to get the Samsung or Viewsonic 120Hz LCD that works with the 3D Vision. They still have some ghosting but it should be acceptable.
nickyscout
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nickyscout »

May be it will be better to wait for models without ghosting? It looks like every month we get new LCD models with 120 Hz.
Is it possible that it will be available better monitor (without ghosting), or it's the limit of technology and with any monitor 3DV will have small ghosting?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Pretty much any 3D solution aside from an HMD will have some ghosting. With professional projector setups you have nearly no ghosting, but there can be some in the worst case. At home you will have to deal with around 5-15% ghosting depending on the solution. I would recommend the Zalman Trimon, which has a really nice image. There is still some ghosting but it is very minor and completely acceptable.
nickyscout
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nickyscout »

Bought Samsung 2233RZ... so... I have ghosting, it's not powerfull, but... I have it :)

After several experiments I found that at 100Hz ghosting is mininun, and primary in the bottom of the screen.
So, that's pretty well result.

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”