I can't get Zalman Trimon monitor to work.

koshien
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

I can't get Zalman Trimon monitor to work.

Post by koshien »

Hello, I just got a Zalman Trimon monitor and I wanted to try interlaced output for 30 days.
How do I do that? I downloaded the drivers, but they just show iz3d, anaglyph and DLP (ATI) output... I was going to download the interlaced drivers from here (http://www.iz3d.com/licenses) but it seems like I can only purchase them...
Thank you!

EDIT:
update! Read the last post!
Last edited by koshien on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Trial Period for interlaced output

Post by cybereality »

You have to do a custom installation. You can re-install over an existing trial just fine to enable additional outputs.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Yes, when you install, make sure you select Full Installation, not Default.
koshien

Post by koshien »

Thank you very much to both of you!
I'm sorry I didn't answer, but I was just trying to install iz3d drivers on an old pc with windows xp.
Now...I have all I need:
a new Macbook pro, 22" Zalman Trimon monitor, Windows 7 64 bit installed in bootcamp.
I am using a vga cable (I can not use dvi-cable because of some compatibility issues with mini-display port, but that's a long story...).
I downloaded iz3d drivers and installed interlaced and anaglyph outputs...first question: do I use horizontal or vertical interlaced output?
Anyways, after I installed iz3d drivers and enabled stereo, halo 2 started not to work... same thing with some steam games I have (Half Life 2- episode 2 is the one I tried to run). Steam starts to work properly, but when I launch games, they don't work.
So I installed the first Halo Combat Evolved, and it worked without problems....but not in 3D!
Can you guys help me out?
Neil

Re: Update! I can't get Zalman Trimon monitor to work.

Post by Neil »

Horizontal interlaced!

Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Regarding the steam overlay it seems to cause some doubleinjection of stereo. It still seems to cause some issues from time to time.
Try running the games without steam.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
koshien

Post by koshien »

Still not working... :(
I already used iz3d drivers with anaglyph output a year ago, on windows xp, and it worked...
Halo works, but not in 3D, even though stereo mode is enabled...
Not even anaglyph output is working... :cry:
Please, give me a hand :oops:
Is it something about settings that I can´t think about or what? Windows 7 compatibility issues?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Set it to Horizontal Interlaced. I had that issue once where Half-Life 2 Ep1 would fail to start with the iz3D driver. Not sure what I did to fix it, I just uninstalled a bunch of stuff (Nvidia stereo drivers, DDD drivers, etc.) and then re-installed the iz3D drivers. Before you try any games, make sure the driver is actually working. Go to the iz3D control panel, hit 'Help', then click the iz3D logo under 'Dynamic Test'. You should see a stereo 3d logo and some graphics. If it is not working you will get an error like "Cannot Load Output DLL" or something like that. Sometimes it helps to switch to anaglyph, hit apply, switch back to Interlaced, hit appy, then try the test again. This all works fine on Vista so it should be fine on Windows 7.
koshien

Post by koshien »

cybereality wrote:Set it to Horizontal Interlaced. I had that issue once where Half-Life 2 Ep1 would fail to start with the iz3D driver. Not sure what I did to fix it, I just uninstalled a bunch of stuff (Nvidia stereo drivers, DDD drivers, etc.) and then re-installed the iz3D drivers. Before you try any games, make sure the driver is actually working. Go to the iz3D control panel, hit 'Help', then click the iz3D logo under 'Dynamic Test'. You should see a stereo 3d logo and some graphics. If it is not working you will get an error like "Cannot Load Output DLL" or something like that. Sometimes it helps to switch to anaglyph, hit apply, switch back to Interlaced, hit appy, then try the test again. This all works fine on Vista so it should be fine on Windows 7.
Thanks a lot. Still not working though. I uninstalled and then installed again, twice.
The dynamic test works in anaglyph 3D, but then the game (Halo combat evolved) does not run in anaglyph 3D.
The dynamic test doesn't work in interlaced horizontal output, and of course neither does the game...I indeed get the "Cannot Load Output DLL" error...
Neil

Post by Neil »

Can you be more specific with your hardware?

What kind of GPU do you have? What drivers are installed?

Regards,
Neil
koshien

Post by koshien »

I uninstalled again and installed the release candidate version "V1.10RC2a (Sep 17, 2009)"...
The intelaced horizontal (optimized) 32 bit test works! But then "can't load output DLL" error comes out when I start the game. It asks me if I can see a particular static image in s-3D during the game menu, but I don't see any 3D in it...and, as I said, it gives that error.
Last edited by koshien on Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
koshien

Post by koshien »

Neil wrote:Can you be more specific with your hardware?

What kind of GPU do you have? What drivers are installed?

Regards,
Neil
I have the latest model of the macbook pro...a 13", 2,53 GHz, 4 GB ddr3 ram, and a Geforce 9400 integrated card (not discrete).
Windows 7 using bootcamp. Mini-display port to vga adapter.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Ok. Hate to burst your bubble, but my experience with iZ3D drivers and notebook GPUs has been less than stellar. Lots of errors and limitations that desktop GPUs don't face. Add to this that you are running on a Mac...my hopes aren't very high at all.

Here are some ideas, though:

1. Reduce resolution to 800X600 and work your way up from there. For some reason, this helps in SOME cases.
2. Make sure the NVIDIA stereo drivers are not installed and/or active.

You really have the odds stacked against you once you are gaming on a notebook computer.

Regards,
Neil
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

koshien wrote:I uninstalled again and installed the release candidate version "V1.10RC2a (Sep 17, 2009)"...
The intelaced horizontal (optimized) 32 bit test works! But then "can't load output DLL" error comes out when I start the game. It asks me if I can see a particular static image in s-3D during the game menu, but I don't see any 3D in it...and, as I said, it gives that error.
Please try different games. We have error "can't load output DLL" with some games, when using protected output's.
Stereoscopic Steam Group: Join now
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Definitely try some other games. You can start with the RE5 benchmark and the SF4 benchmark, I can verify both work with IZ3D driver in interlaced mode. Also, make sure it hit "Apply" a few times in the driver setting. That seems to fix the "Cannot Output DLL" error sometimes. If you can uninstall ALL Nvidia drivers that might help too. Use Driver Sweeper to get off all the the video drivers, then update to the latest ones (or at least 190.62 which is what I am using and works). Do not install Nvidia stereo driver. Then install the IZ3D driver. I don't know, maybe it will work.
koshien

Post by koshien »

Thank you guys,
I will try all of that later tonight.
190.62 and later drivers are for desktop PCs I think...from the Nvidia download page it results I have to install 186 drivers or something (9400 notebook).
I tried to install nvidia stereo drivers for Zalman too, but I never made it since they require 190.62 drivers...so I guess the problem is not related to them.
I'll let you know later on, thanks!
koshien

Re: I can't get Zalman Trimon monitor to work.

Post by koshien »

ok, both Halo and Halo 2 are still not working.
I disconnected from the Internet, and I started playing Half-life 2 episode 2 on steam, but in offline mode...and it works (@1680x1050)!
What can I do with the other games?
What kind of settings do you suggest me? I still feel a little uncomfortable, even after I set everything with the iz3d wizard.
Neil

Post by Neil »

This guide should help.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/newslette ... ews_id=44/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The new glasses will make a big difference. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Sorry! I was in iZ3D mode! NO NEW GLASSES FOR ZALMAN!!! :woot

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Make sure you swap the eyes (you can set the hot-key in the options). For some reason the iz3D driver *always* defaults to the wrong eyes on the Zalman monitor. Once you configure it though it will automatically save for each title. I've had the best results setting convergence *extremely* low (like -0.0005) and setting high separation (150).
koshien

Post by koshien »

Neil wrote: EDIT: Sorry! I was in iZ3D mode! NO NEW GLASSES FOR ZALMAN!!! :woot

Regards,
Neil
Yeah, I knew you were thinking about iz3d :)
cybereality wrote:Make sure you swap the eyes (you can set the hot-key in the options). For some reason the iz3D driver *always* defaults to the wrong eyes on the Zalman monitor. Once you configure it though it will automatically save for each title. I've had the best results setting convergence *extremely* low (like -0.0005) and setting high separation (150).
Thanks a lot, I'll keep that in mind. Although now I am trying ddd drivers too, and they seem to work perfectly with all my games, and with steam active too... we'll see...

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”