XBOX360 Samsung DLP Tridef questions

Discuss stereoscopic 3D games and gaming technologies for console (e.g. XBOX, PS3)
elmerhewo
One Eyed Hopeful

XBOX360 Samsung DLP Tridef questions

Post by elmerhewo »

I'm looking at DDD.COM's 3d starter kit. I have a Samsung 3D Enabled DLP TV. Am I right that the TriDef software can convert 2D to 3D? If so is there any way to see games I'm playing on my 360 in 3D?
Thanks.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: XBOX360 Samsung DLP Tridef questions

Post by Likay »

The best way nowadays to look at good 3d media is either playing games in 3d using a stereodriver or looking at 3d which is native 3d. As is today 2d-to-3d conversions on the fly will not give any good results.
The 360 only gives a 2d-image and the ddd-software only works on pc.
So: The closest thing to "watch" 360-games in "3d" using ddd should be recording gaming on the xbox and then processing the video on a pc using the ddd-software. However i'm quite positive that the final result will be far from satisfying. Sorry.
Last edited by Likay on Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
phil
Cross Eyed!

Re: XBOX360 Samsung DLP Tridef questions

Post by phil »

elmerhewo wrote:is there any way to see games I'm playing on my 360 in 3D?
Hi,
On consoles, there is no way for the user to convert flat games into 3D like you can on PC. Although the 360 & PS3 are compatible with most 3D TVs, the game developers need to program the stereo rendering into the game engine itself (native stereo).

To my knowledge, there's only one console game so far that supports 3DTV, and it's compatible with all 3D-ready DLPs:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4154

Another console game with 3DTV support will be released soon, and I expect it will be DLP-compatible as well:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/mtbs_interviews.cgi?news_id=64

Cheers,
phil

Return to “3D Console Gaming”