Way to fix sporadic flickering?

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
chilledsanity
Cross Eyed!

Way to fix sporadic flickering?

Post by chilledsanity »

I'm trying to play The Need for Speed 4 and while I can get the game running in stereoscopic mode, the glasses will flicker ever 1-5 seconds, breaking the stereoscopic effect. It's extremely irritating to try and play like this. The damndest thing is if I pause the game, a transparent menu comes up while the camera hovers in a circle around the car, there is NO flickering whatsoever and it works properly. Does anyone know what could be causing this or better yet how to fix it?

EDIT: I forgot to list my settings. I'm using the 94.24 drivers on a Geforce 7950 on Windows XP.
nathansteinke
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by nathansteinke »

Try going into the display control panel and under performance settings turn vsync OFF.

Let me know if that works for you, I hope it does!
-Nate
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I get this if my PC has been idle for some time. Reboot helps. In some games I just get flickering and also when watching videos. No idea why.
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

THAT often? are you shure that the batteries are still ok?
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

David Cole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by David Cole »

I get this flicking or "blip" every 4-5 seconds as well, when watching video. No idea what is going on!

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”