Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (ScreenCrave Review)

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
gamgamman
Two Eyed Hopeful

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (ScreenCrave Review)

Post by gamgamman »

Here is a review I found for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (Opens Sep.18th) this reviewer gave it 9 out of 10.
http://screencrave.com/2009-09-17/cloud ... ie-review/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So far the Box office predictions I'm seeing say Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs will take the #1 spot this weekend.
http://www.pastapadre.com/2009/09/17/bo ... ions-91809" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://chud.com/articles/articles/20826 ... Page1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know I'm going to the matinee before the kids get out of school LOL!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (ScreenCrave Review)

Post by cybereality »

Cool, thats today. Guess I will check this out tomorrow.
gamgamman
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by gamgamman »

I saw this yesterday, cute movie, I got a kick out of the "Ratbirds". My one gripe is that when they show the newscasts they go 2-D, it annoys me to see flat scenes in 3-D movies. Other than that a very nice stereoscopic kids movie. I also stuck around for most of the end credits, there is some neat 2-D cut out animation in 3-D.
Kamus
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kamus »

gamgamman wrote:I saw this yesterday, cute movie, I got a kick out of the "Ratbirds". My one gripe is that when they show the newscasts they go 2-D, it annoys me to see flat scenes in 3-D movies. Other than that a very nice stereoscopic kids movie. I also stuck around for most of the end credits, there is some neat 2-D cut out animation in 3-D.
It's because they're watching a 2d screen, funny. i'm actually annoyed the other way around. i wan't 2d things to still look 2d.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Oh yeah, I saw this movie last weekend but forgot to make a write-up for it. Overall I thought it was an enjoyable film, but its definitely something for the kids. Surprisingly there was not much humor at all in the film, except for maybe one funny part at the beginning. Most children's movies usually slip in one or two adult jokes, but this movie was rather dry. I really liked the book as a kid, but this movie is a total departure from the original source material. Only the premise is the same, they made up a new story for the movie. The 3D effects were pretty decent but did not compare to G-Force, which was mostly a 2D conversion. All in all it was ok, nothing great, but still a solid film for what it is. Plus it was a Sony Pictures film so the more 3D content they own the more likely we will see them pushing 3D Blu-Ray in the near future.

And I thought the 2D segments were fine, it was supposed to look like you were watching on a TV so that makes sense.

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”