3D Combine vs. TriDef (2D>3D Video conversation)

Syntax
One Eyed Hopeful

3D Combine vs. TriDef (2D>3D Video conversation)

Post by Syntax »

Hi everyone
First post for me here :)

I ve donwloaded the 3d conversation program "3D Combine" and i tested the 2D>3D Video Conversation with a 2hr movie (spiderman 2) unfortunatly the conversation progress iss very very slow (1% of the video takes 1hr !)

So i ve searched the web and found the TriDef driver that is "capable of converting even DvDs in realtime", so the advetised features. (http://www.tridef.com/media/player/overview.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

So my question is: has anybody tested the two programs/driver and which of them make a better 3d conversation(on videos)?
And is it true that the TriDef conversation is in full real/run-time?

ok thats it for now

ps:i just found your board on a german stereo site and i m amazed by the courage and innovation that is spreading all over here :!:
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: 3D Combine vs. TriDef (2D>3D Video conversation)

Post by cybereality »

I have never used this "3D Combine" program, but I do have the DDD TriDef Experience which handles automatic conversion of 2D videos and images into 3D. Surprisingly it actually does do something, but it is still very far away from true stereoscopic material. Depending on the content it can work better or worse, I'd say its around 2.2D if I had to put a number on it. But it does certainly do something and I think it is well worth the money considering all you get with the whole TriDef Experience package. I recorded a short movie clip using the software if you want to take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgPG84iHW2Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To be honest, that is probably not the best example (the video is really dark), but it should give you something of an idea. I am going to try with another clip and see if I can get better results. It does seem to work nice with material that has a lot of flesh tones...
Neil

Post by Neil »

Thank you for your feedback! Enjoy the site.

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Here is a slightly better example with a daylight scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0p2EZDRwug" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Upon further review I am not sure this 2D>3D conversion works all that great but I guess its better than nothing.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.
Syntax
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Syntax »

Thank you both for your comments. :D
@cyber: 2,2D lol, i can not really imagine what this is meaning but i watched the Gladiator clip unfortunatly my Zalman 22 monitor is arriving in a short time so i haven't got the chance to watch it in 3d.

But what i wanna know is: Is it true that the conversation is in full/realtime?And am i also able to manipulate the convergence etc.?

I noticed there are also companies out there that do the job for you (3d video conversation).
Have anyone of you guys tried it or know the pricing?

btw: There is a free trial version of 3D Combine (http://www.3dcombine.com/Download.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) out there.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Syntax wrote:Thank you both for your comments. :D
@cyber: 2,2D lol, i can not really imagine what this is meaning but i watched the Gladiator clip unfortunatly my Zalman 22 monitor is arriving in a short time so i haven't got the chance to watch it in 3d.
Well the video above is on YouTube3D so you can use the drop-down menu underneth the video to select different viewing options. I recommend "cross-eye" to get the full quality.
Syntax wrote:But what i wanna know is: Is it true that the conversation is in full/realtime?And am i also able to manipulate the convergence etc.?
Yes, the conversion is totally in real-time. It works for standard DVDs and any video files in common formats (WMV, AVI, MPG, etc.) and also JPEG images. It will work with HD video files (I tested w/ 720P) but Blu-Ray is not supported. With video you can skip tracks, seek around the video, and its no problem. You are able to adjust the separation and also the depth but its not really by much and doesn't really yield a more 3D image (although you will want to adjust it for comfort reasons).
Syntax wrote:I noticed there are also companies out there that do the job for you (3d video conversation).
Have anyone of you guys tried it or know the pricing?
If you have to ask, you probably can't afford it.

Return to “DDD Tridef Ignition Driver Forums”