Dissected a Sceptre X22WG 22" LCD monitor.

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Dissected a Sceptre X22WG 22" LCD monitor.

Post by cybereality »

Well my Sceptre X22WG 22" LCD monitor died on me this week and rather than just toss it I decided to take it apart just for fun. The thing was a little annoying to get open since there were really no screws, it was just held together with plastic teeth. I used a Leatherman to pry it open. This was no problem for me since I am throwing it out anyway, but if I needed to put it back together I would be very careful when doing this. Once the plastic bezel was off there were 4 screws holding the panel in place. I took those off and the wires going to the controller and power board. Got the power board to come out but the video controller was stuck in place (even after taking out the 4 screws) so I am not sure how to access that without breaking it. Then I took the panel apart. The actual LCD screen was very thin (only a few mm) and had a little crack in it from the forceful prying. Behind that were some diffuse filters and some sort of lens sheet (I guess it spread the backlight evenly). All in all not as exciting as I had imagined but still fun. Also, I was hoping to get some ideas on how to modify an LCD panel into an auto-stereoscopic one, but this didn't really help. It still seems as if pasting a film on the external of the display is the best bet. Anywhere, here are some photos:
Sceptre-X22WG_01.jpg
Sceptre-X22WG_02.jpg
Sceptre-X22WG_03.jpg
Sceptre-X22WG_04.jpg
Sceptre-X22WG_05.jpg
Sceptre-X22WG_06.jpg
Sceptre-X22WG_07.jpg
Sceptre-X22WG_08.jpg
Sceptre-X22WG_09.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by cybereality on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Dissected a Sceptre X22WG 22" LCD monitor.

Post by yuriythebest »

cool thanks for sharing!
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!

Return to “General Discussion”