The Witcher - Flawless 3D?

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

The Witcher - Flawless 3D?

Post by LukePC1 »

Hi guys!
I tried The Witcher the other day and it worked very nice in S-3D.
I just turned down some ligtning (to low) and depth of field, wich might cause performance and postprocessing problems.

And tried out the game...
I was bored by all the long cinematics in 2D, so I pressed the hotkey with the expection to restart the game, but to my surprise it didn't cras or do anything funy, but nice 3D!

The only thing that seems to be wrong, is the sword, when it moves realy fast. It looks like at that position is a little motion blurr- postprocessing-effect

I use Forcware 94.24.

Any one else tested it?
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Post screenshots in the gallery - maybe an unofficial compatibility submission?

Test it more to be sure.

Regards,
Neil
falcon96
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by falcon96 »

I olso tryed it for a copple of days now.
First I had the 162.50 combodrivers but it didn?t work well at all with this, lots of missplaced objekts and strange looks.
So I reverted back to 94.24 driver and now it was working perfect.
But I have found that when you get a bit in the game there is potions that gives some differt effects, some of those effect changes the
hole picture and the 3D gets wired. One of this is a potion to let you see in the dark, it is possoble to play in 3d but you have to set the convergence to a minimum , there is 3d but no poputeffect.
I olso have to use Kindragons tool to get the S3D to work.
Cheers
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

Here using 162.50 with last nvidia official driver, with a 7800 GTX and AMD64 X2 dual core (with nvidia dual core support disabled with nhancer). Just the same than LukePC1, work fine stereo3d but with lightning in low, shadows in middle, and postprocesing off to see stereo when speaking. But it?s true, if you drink stereo3d goes out because some posprocesing effect, and in some other situations. Also HUD is not very confortable, you can read but is not confortable. And a big problem is the performance lost... you lose half of your frames per second when pressing ctrl+t.

In this game would be interesting to bind a mouse key (I?ve logitech mouse) to enable/disable stereo3d (ctrl+t), but nvidia stereo drivrer doesn?t work with binded keys and you MUST press ctrl+t (It is unconfortable doing this a lot of times to read things).
falcon96
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by falcon96 »

Yes, This great game works with the newer drivers olso, installed the 162.18 forcewhere and 162.15 stereo driver.
Using a 7950GT runs fine in most ereas.
Only one thing, I got same strange artifacts ore what I shall call it , on some NPC it looks like they have a stick in there hand that goes up
about 3 meters. first I thougt it was something wrong with my grafhichcard so I tested on a differt computer and noticed it was there even if I
turned off stereo but then it loked like the NPC had one long finger that did go all to the ground. I uninstalled the 3D-driver and the issue was gone
So far I?ve only seen it in chapter III on dwars,elfs and salamandra, It dosn?t ruin the game but it?s a bit annoying.
I will ytry to uppload some screenshot to day.

to b4thman ,
change the keysetting for enable/disable stereo3d in the Nvidia control panel.
I allways use the key "V" for esay acess to switch between 2D/3D.

There seems to be something wrong in the MTBS Photo Exchange , I get to this site after a few seconds:
http://ya.ru/

I try to get the screenshots up tomorrow.
thud
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: The Witcher - Flawless 3D?

Post by thud »

falcon96 wrote:Using a 7950GT runs fine in most ereas.

Only one thing, I got same strange artifacts ore what I shall call it , on some NPC it looks like they have a stick in there hand that goes up

about 3 meters. first I thougt it was something wrong with my grafhichcard so I tested on a differt computer and noticed it was there even if I

turned off stereo but then it loked like the NPC had one long finger that did go all to the ground. I uninstalled the 3D-driver and the issue was gone

So far I?ve only seen it in chapter III on dwars,elfs and salamandra, It dosn?t ruin the game but it?s a bit annoying.
Thanks very much for the suggestion. I'm playing the latest Enhanced edition (1.5) with the Director's Cut installed.

I get the artifacts also (I don't play in S3-D as the spells and special effects are all done in post-processing), noticed it first
in a cutscene in Chapter 1, plus when I get to the swamp the dryad's ... ahem, attributes ... look like oddly misplaced wings.

This bugged me enough that I upgraded my drivers from 163.44 (beta) to greater than the recommended 163.69 (I'm on
XP, so that meant 163.75 WHQL). But still the same problem. So then I reluctantly uninstalled my 162.50 beta Stereo
drivers. Still the same ... so tried the usual Windows fix (rebooted) and that fixed my graphics problems. Now I can't stop
following the dryad around ...

Anyhow, thanks very much for the suggestion. I've never had problems because of the Stereo drivers before, although
there has been some funny flickering with certain combinations. I was using 163.44 beta with 162.50 Stereo beta, and
now will be using (after I finish The Witcher) 163.75 WHQL with 162.50 Stereo beta (seems okay apart from the dryad
mapping problem). Any suggestions for newer Stereo drivers? Like falcon96, I also have a 7950 GT OC. Thanks in
advance for any suggestions from XP users.

Awesome game by the way, looks really amazing (even NOT in Stereo). May try it again in S3-D once I get past this bit
(the swamp is the most demanding graphically; that's where they test all of the graphics cards and settings).

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”