Accessing the forums through the Index page.

This website is for our members. Do you have some design ideas? Are there features you would like to see? What additions would drive this site forward? POST YOUR IDEAS HERE!
Lucky
Two Eyed Hopeful

Accessing the forums through the Index page.

Post by Lucky »

Hi there,

Ever since the day I found this site, the forum link has been driving me crazy. In my humble opinion the forum link (accessed from the index page's menu) should open the forums in a new window. This is a simple fix, you just need to add target="_blank" inside the <a> tag after the "href" attribute.

The website looks very nice and all, but the forums are illegible the way the site is currently designed (IMO).
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, Core2Dou E8400, 4GB PC-4200 Kingston Ram, ATI Radeon HD 3870 x2
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Our site designer is working on getting this revamped big time. Hang on a bit longer - and thanks for the feedback!

Neil
Lucky
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lucky »

Well luckily for me I know how to use a browser, I simply have the forums book marked in my favorites.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/

For anyone else who has this problem and doesn't realize that there is a simple solution. Just click on the link and add it to your favorites.
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, Core2Dou E8400, 4GB PC-4200 Kingston Ram, ATI Radeon HD 3870 x2
sharky

Post by sharky »

hi! what resolution do you use?

i use 1280 x 1024 and for me it is fine even windowed...

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Lucky
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lucky »

1024x768 is what I use for my desktop. That's pretty much the standard resolution that a website should coded for. If it doesn't work properly in that resolution you are severely limiting your average client's ability to view the webpage.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I know exactly what you are talking about. It is coded for 1024X768, but the forums are still small in the frame.

Our new design is going to be frame free (frames are passe').

We will figure something out with the forums - I promise!

Neil
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I use the forum in new tab of Firefox at 1024x. Most of the time it works well, but sometimes there are very long rows (about 2x1024!). It is a bit anoying to scroll to the edge for every line...

But at least the forum is usually online - in contrast to the stereovision one :?
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!

Return to “MTBS Website Ideas”