Jim Carrey Xmas Carol

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Jim Carrey Xmas Carol

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

Does anyone know if the upcoming Disney Xmas Carol with Jim Carrey is going to be S-3D?

I read a news story that said it had a Digital 3D preview at Cannes but will be released as 2D. :cry:

I thought Disney had promised that all future animated films from thier company were to be in 3D, maybe they meant no hand-drawn animation. :cry:
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Jim Carrey Xmas Carol

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

The 3-D film will be produced through the process of performance capture, a technique Zemeckis has previously used in his films The Polar Express (2004) and Beowulf (2007).[1]

A Christmas Carol began filming in February 2008, and will be released on November 6, 2009.[2]

The film will be released in Disney Digital 3-D and IMAX 3-D.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Christmas_Carol_(2009_film" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Thank for finding that! :D

All the news clips I read said 2D only.

I will look foward to seeing this in S-3D :woot
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

WheatstoneHolmes wrote:I will look foward to seeing this in S-3D :woot
I'll be planning to watch this as well but Im worried!
Have you watched The Polar Express? I found the 3D effect to be almost non-existant (Compared to the excellent 3D in Shrek 3D for example)
I'm very concerned simply because its being done by Zemeckis.

OT: Its a shame Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind wasn't done in S3D :( One of my fav movies. IMO a must watch movie. (Position 61 in the Top 250 of all films on imdb)
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Haven't watched E.S.S.M. but last time I looked Netflix had it on the instant watch lineup.

Maybe I'll check that out...
Kamus
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kamus »

UndeadD3vi1 wrote:
WheatstoneHolmes wrote:I will look foward to seeing this in S-3D :woot
I'll be planning to watch this as well but Im worried!
Have you watched The Polar Express? I found the 3D effect to be almost non-existant (Compared to the excellent 3D in Shrek 3D for example)
I'm very concerned simply because its being done by Zemeckis.

OT: Its a shame Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind wasn't done in S3D :( One of my fav movies. IMO a must watch movie. (Position 61 in the Top 250 of all films on imdb)
You got nothing to worry about, i saw the trailer when i went to see the G force movie (i think that was the name.) and i have to say, it's the best 3d I've seen PERIOD.
The trailer looked amazing, it left me wanting for more, best 3d trailer I've seen by far.
(there were tons of other S3d trailers, and while they looked good, this one was on a league of it's own.)
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Kamus wrote:You got nothing to worry about, i saw the trailer when i went to see the G force movie (i think that was the name.) and i have to say, it's the best 3d I've seen PERIOD.
The trailer looked amazing, it left me wanting for more, best 3d trailer I've seen by far.
(there were tons of other S3d trailers, and while they looked good, this one was on a league of it's own.)
I have also seen the trailler recently and I absolutely agree with that. The stereo effect has nothing to see with what I have seen until now at the cinema. Although I don't like too much the story, I really want to enjoy a full lenght movie of 3D effects like that.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

crim3 wrote:I have also seen the trailler recently and I absolutely agree with that. The stereo effect has nothing to see with what I have seen until now at the cinema. Although I don't like too much the story, I really want to enjoy a full lenght movie of 3D effects like that.
I have seen some scenes of Avatar in IMAX 3D and they, quite frankly, blow Xmas Carol out the water. Just wait.
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Waiting! :)
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”