Video Sections

This website is for our members. Do you have some design ideas? Are there features you would like to see? What additions would drive this site forward? POST YOUR IDEAS HERE!
chris
One Eyed Hopeful

Video Sections

Post by chris »

Perhaps this already exists, but I cannot find it anywhere. There needs to be a forum for people who want to film in 3D. MTBS is huge on gaming, but that is only one use for 3D. Personally, I'd rather watch/record a good 3D movie than play a 3D video game, any day. If we had a forum dedicated strictly to recording 3D video, it would be great for people like me. It is a real pain having to sift through all the video game material to get to the rare piece of material that I'm looking for.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Video Sections

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, I agree. There should definitely be a video/photo sections for more traditional photographers and videographers that are into stereoscopic recording. I notice that the stereoscopic photography scene seems to be totally separate from MTBS3D, mostly hanging out on Flickr and general photography forums (I'm sure the same thing applies to video). I guess this is because MTBS3D has marketed itself as a gaming community, so it doesn't really appeal to the photography heads. Maybe a dedicated section to video/photo would help garner some interest from this crowd. Also with YT3D and the upcoming release of the Fujifilm W1 I imagine there will be a surge of amateur stereographers hitting the scene and MTBS3D should certainly be ready for that.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Ok. Let me put some thought into this. You are talking about forum sections?

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Neil wrote:Ok. Let me put some thought into this. You are talking about forum sections?
It would make sense to me to have a whole section under "S3D @ Home" and before "Stereoscopic 3D Software Development Corner" called "Stereoscopic Photo & Video Corner". Then within that have a "Stereo Photography" sub-section and a "Stereo Videography" sub-section. I guess there would be some overlap with the DIY section (since most people have custom dual camera rigs) but this might make it easier to find information pertaining strictly to the traditional photo/video mediums.
chris
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by chris »

Yes, Neil, that's what I mean. Cybereality makes a good case about the particular subsections. They would work out well. Anyway, thanks for listening.

Return to “MTBS Website Ideas”