combining different viewing methods

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

combining different viewing methods

Post by iondrive »

Hi all,

Does anyone have any ideas about combining 2 different viewing methods? Here's an example:

shutterglass/anaglyph:

Does anyone know if you could make a pair of shutterglasses that alternate from green to magenta and back?

I've played around with LCD glass and found certain situations where you can get a nice green color or a magenta and so I eventually had the idea for a new kind of 3d. I was working on the question of how to possibly combine 2 different 3d strategies into a new kind of hybrid and this is what I thought of... a shutterglass-anaglyph hybrid. Your 3d video or game would be green/magenta anaglyph but it would alternate to magenta/green every other frame in sync with the glasses. Why do this? Well maybe it would cut down on flicker at 60 Hz since your vision would never go to black. Oh wait, they should still be black during screen refresh to avoid ghosting. That is unless it's a special monitor that goes black during refresh. OK anaglyph is usually bad with ghosting anyway so I guess this is a bad idea. Oh well, I still want to know the answer to the shutterglass question and obviously this would give full-color anaglyph.

later.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: combining different viewing methods

Post by cybereality »

Ahahahaha!!!! :shutter + :woot = :shock:
What are you smoking man?

On a serious note, I don't see how that would be advantageous. If you had a working shutter glass setup in page-flip mode you would be getting a full-color, full-resolution image. Why add anaglyph into the mix? I think you would get better results with just a nice set of anaglyph glasses alone. That said, your idea would still be technically feasible, I just don't think the results will be any good. Whats next? Combining passive-polarized glasses with an HMD?
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

I think he wants to commemorate Woodstock's 40th anniversary with a special S-3D display. :woot

Regards,
Neil
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

Been smoking rolled-up paper 3d glasses. :woot

Just brainstorming. Sometimes crazy ideas lead to something useful.

Yes. I think it would be not the best of both worlds.

here's one a little better: lenticular anaglyph.

imagine a business card with a 3d anaglyph image of a coffee cup on it. The lenticular lenses could be horizontal so that you could look down into the coffee cup as you tilt the card towards you. I could explain more but I think it's instantly understandable to readers of this forum. I'll have to try this someday.

peace
System specs:
CPU: 3.2GHz Athlon 64 X2 6400
RAM: 800MHz 4GB dual channel mode
Video: geForce 8800GTS PCI-e, 640MB ram, driver 196.21
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Easy. Just get a game with native anaglyph and wear your anaglyghs under your nvision shutters. You can even combine the iz3d driver and nvidia driver for this!! This gives you extreme 4D quadroscopic viewing. Unreall1111

ps. I dare not delve to deeply into how i got my nickname but lets just say i have pushed the boundries of insanisty involving dividing my soul into 8 sections to view 16 displays :?
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

Return to “Do it Yourself!”