iZ3D Stereo Wallpaper Creator Error

ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

iZ3D Stereo Wallpaper Creator Error

Post by ceashure »

Tried to use the new iZ3D Stereo Wallpaper Creator in Vista but I keep getting the error "Unable to find both iZ3D Panels". I got a similar error message when trying to install the driver for my iZ3D monitor. The monitor does work in 2D and 3D though.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

i dont have this problem, but i have a different one..

when the desktop is 3d, the icons are difficult to recognize because tehy appear only on one eye and on the other one they appear as sort of ghosting...
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

sharky wrote:i dont have this problem, but i have a different one..

when the desktop is 3d, the icons are difficult to recognize because tehy appear only on one eye and on the other one they appear as sort of ghosting...
That is because the icons are only drawn on the back panel, but the background is drawn on both. And when you have glasses, you see the front and the back, so the front overlays the icons.

It has always been that way, with or without the 3D background. If you dont beleive me, set your background to something with a lot of lines or colors, and put your glasses on :)

ceashure:
I will forward this to our R&D and let them know.

I tested this with vista and XP without issue, so I'm not sure what is wrong.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Re: iZ3D Stereo Wallpaper Creator Error

Post by Tril »

I haven't tried the iZ3D wallpaper tool so I don't know what it does. I found an easy way to make a stereo wallpaper and display it in Vista. I take a side by side picture that has a resolution of 3360 x 1050, I open it in iZ3D Media Player Classic in side by side mode, I make the player fullscreen and I take a screenshot with printscreen. I then paste the picture in any drawing software, and save it. This way, I get a screenshot that contains the picture for the backpanel and the frontpanel. In Vista, right-click the desktop, click Personalize->Desktop Background. Choose the picture you saved and the tile option at the bottom of the window.

You now have a stereo wallpaper. I've tried this with this wallpaper from the gallery and it works well. As long as I don't place any windows or icons too close or over the stereo part of the screen, the effect is good with the glasses.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

This post is old, but the newest wallpaper creator seems to have fixed the issue.

Just as a suggestion, it would be awesome if the front panel could create a rectangle where each Window is so that the wallpaper does look weird when wearing the glasses.

Even better would be to have some way to make the Windows actually render at different depths (only slightly) depending on the z-order of each window. I'm not sure how possible it is, but it sure would be awesome!
(isn't Vista "Aero" a DirectX GUI? Would that somehow work with iZ3D?)
₪ 3D Solution⁞ LG OLED 65" E6P, PSVR, HTC Vive Pro
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

A while ago, I found that there was a guy that figured out how to get access to the 3D windows in Vista. He made some programming tools to move in 3D any window on the desktop.

I found some links. It won't work just yet with stereo drivers. Maybe one day we'll get a real 3D desktop.

dwmaxx library
Switcher
SmartFlip

The first link is a library with given source code to rotate windows. It says that it does not quite work in 3D yet. The source code is given. I think this may be the link I was looking for. I was able to compile the code but it crashes so I was unable to test it myself. Windows uses DirectX to display the windows on the desktop when composition is activated. Unfortunately, Microsoft does not give fulll access to that functionality. If it did, it might be easy to display the windows in 3D.

The other two are alternative to Flip 3D in Vista. They are not open source, as far as I know.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Tril wrote:I haven't tried the iZ3D wallpaper tool so I don't know what it does. I found an easy way to make a stereo wallpaper and display it in Vista. I take a side by side picture that has a resolution of 3360 x 1050, I open it in iZ3D Media Player Classic in side by side mode, I make the player fullscreen and I take a screenshot with printscreen. I then paste the picture in any drawing software, and save it. This way, I get a screenshot that contains the picture for the backpanel and the frontpanel. In Vista, right-click the desktop, click Personalize->Desktop Background. Choose the picture you saved and the tile option at the bottom of the window.

You now have a stereo wallpaper. I've tried this with this wallpaper from the gallery and it works well. As long as I don't place any windows or icons too close or over the stereo part of the screen, the effect is good with the glasses.
Thanks for the tip Tril :) That's pretty much exactly what the stereo wallpaper creator does, except automatically. It takes a side-by-side, and converts one half into the black/white front algorithm(The same you would see with your method) and saves it, and sets it as the background in windows.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”