nvidia enables dual output on sli

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

nvidia enables dual output on sli

Post by sharky »

hi guys! just found this on nvidia s homepage dont knwo if it is a news, but for me it is..

Download the NVIDIA® GeForce® Release 180 driver to enable NVIDIA® SLI® Multi-monitor support, giving you the ability to use two monitors with your GeForce® graphics cards in SLI mode. Now you can easily switch between multi-monitor desktop mode and full screen 3D gaming mode without any additional system settings. Multi-monitor aware games – such as World in Conflict, Supreme Commander Forged Alliance, and Flight Simulator X – surround you with amazing graphics to immerse you in the game. In addition, you can enjoy the flexibility of having 2, 4, or even up to 6 displays based on your GPU and motherboard configurations.
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Re: nvidia enables dual output on sli

Post by Freke1 »

Don't You have to have the Matrox TH2G for multiple monitors?
sharky

Post by sharky »

up to some time ago it was impossible to use an iz3d montor or dual projector or any other stereo solution that needs 2 outputs on a sli setup. appearently that has changed.. so it should be possible now.. :)
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I wonder if this will allow you to connect 3 Zalman Trimon displays and have all in stereo3d. I really want to try that.
yomer
Cross Eyed!

Post by yomer »

That just means that people with passive stereo and iz3d monitors will eventually be able to use the iz3d drivers with SLI. I still wish Nvidia would just allow the same old outputs in their new 3d drivers.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”