G-Force Presentation And Q&A With The Creative Team

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

G-Force Presentation And Q&A With The Creative Team

Post by cybereality »

You originally starting shooting this movie in 2-D and then half way through decided to do 3-D. Is there anything that gets lost during that conversion?

Yeatman: The studio and Jerry from the very beginning wanted to do it in 3-D. We did tests and it was only after having done them that (it was) just technically not possible. We just couldn't do it. I thought about it, the problem. I wanted to do it, but I just couldn't figure it out. So as we starting shooting I realized there were ways that we could... But to answer your question about to feeling if we've lost something - I think the answer is no... To me the technology needs to shift. We've seen a lot of animated full length rendered CG characters now. We've seen very few live-action 3-D movies and the reason is it's almost impossible to shoot them very easily and make a good 3-D movie that way. There needs to be a quantum leap in the technology.
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/g-forc ... -team-7368" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”