Low-Cost Open-Source Data Glove

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Low-Cost Open-Source Data Glove

Post by cybereality »

Gloves that are wired with sensors can provide useful information about a user's motions, and they offer a novel way to interact with computers beyond the keyboard and mouse. At the end of May, AnthroTronix, a company based in Silver Spring, MD, released its first commercial version of the AcceleGlove, a programmable glove that records hand and finger movements. Other gloves--like 5DT's Data Glove, used primarily in virtual reality--normally cost $1,000 to $5,000, but the AcceleGlove costs just $499.
http://www.technologyreview.com/computing/22838/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok, not exactly S3D related, but its about VR so I know it will interest some people here. A new data-glove for only $500!
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Low-Cost Open-Source Data Glove

Post by yuriythebest »

cool!
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Isnt the Essential Reality P5 virtual reality glove way cheaper and older than that?
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Okta wrote:Isnt the Essential Reality P5 virtual reality glove way cheaper and older than that?
True. I've got the P5, it was sorta cool but way too inaccurate. It couldn't be used for anything serious.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”