iz3d owners to get 2 new glasses for free

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

iz3d owners to get 2 new glasses for free

Post by yuriythebest »

Yess! this is probably one of the best news in this forum section, since so many people will benefit (including me :) )

from BlackQ's blog:
As some of you know I'm running iZ3D marketing now and we are in transition period now. When I was CTO I preferred to keep our development policy open and user friendly. I hope I can do the same with marketing even marketing is usually "most confidential" part of every company. I really don't think so - in modern world everything can be repeated and copied - big deal! few days later after your competitor....

OK, but before I'll start I want to introduce you few guys from our team who are may be less known. Oleg Tishutin - our Chief Scientist - will help me here doing blogging with me (he knows a lot of things about light and math Smile). And our new CTO - Andrew "x0ras" Kolpakov. BTW, Andrew great platform to run browser games through DirectX and have same high quality graphic level without delay. You can see part of this project here: http://www.powerchallenge.com/#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Small intermediary news about new glasses: all iZ3D owners will get two pairs for free. Exact price for new glasses model and date of release I'll announce a bit later.
http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=9814#9814" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a great day for stereoscopers! thanks iz3d!
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
DavidGhast
Banned

Re: iz3d owners to get 2 new glasses for free

Post by DavidGhast »

I see they got rid of that chezch marketing goon, good decision iz3d, maybe theres hope for this company after all.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

If you have marketing ideas to share for iZ3D, DDD, NVIDIA, etc, please share them.

Regards,
Neil
DavidGhast
Banned

Post by DavidGhast »

yeah, how about they get their 3d solutions into the hallowed halls of bestbuy. Now wheres my $100k/yr salary?
Neil

Post by Neil »

Consider yourself fired. :mrgreen:

Do you have any clue what resources are involved in getting shelf space at Best Buy? You think they just take a product and promote it for you? Heck no! You have to pay for shelf space, advertising space in their brochures, etc. etc. Retail is a far more complex industry than you give it credit for.

Even NVIDIA, with all their resources, don't sell their S-3D glasses at Best Buy. I'm not even sure it's the right market. In Canada, GPU's and equipment are easily 30% to 40% more expensive at Best Buy than they are in enthusiast channels because of their return policies and overhead. I'm not even convinced that traditional Best Buy customers are the right market for this - at least not yet.

Even if they did manage to get their solution on store shelves, imagine the resources and quality control efforts needed to educate the staff and keep the products running with uninformed customers getting their hands all over it. Our industry has its hands full with supposedly tech savvy journalists...imagine the reliability of salespeople who are counting the minutes until their next coffee break multiplied by hundreds of stores across the country...er, countries. :shock:

Regards,
Neil
DavidGhast
Banned

Post by DavidGhast »

Oh i see, its too hard therefore they shouldnt try. No, your right, lets just keep it in the dark corners of the internet so that only people who already know about these products can seek them out, and before they know it they'll be in the fortune 500.

It doesnt matter if they have to mod vans with autostereo screens and drive them around town, or stand in the bestbuy parking lot with sample rigs, if people dont know it exists then they will never buy it.

You can make my check out to "David Ghast, S3D marketing guru".
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

DavidGhast wrote:I see they got rid of that chezch marketing goon, good decision iz3d, maybe theres hope for this company after all.
We never had any employees from Czechoslovakia, not sure where you got that information from.
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

I agree with DavidGhast about iz3D needing Advertising.

iz3D do you run any banner adverts on Gaming related-sites?
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Yes, we have done several online marketing campaigns.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Welder wrote:
DavidGhast wrote:I see they got rid of that chezch marketing goon, good decision iz3d, maybe theres hope for this company after all.
We never had any employees from Czechoslovakia, not sure where you got that information from.
perhaps he meant David Chechelashvili (from the similar sounding name??) - in any case he still seems to work for iz3d :mrgreen:
DavidGhast
Banned

Post by DavidGhast »

yuriythebest wrote:
Welder wrote:
perhaps he meant David Chechelashvili (from the similar sounding name??) - in any case he still seems to work for iz3d :mrgreen:

iz3d's just rearranging the chairs on one of the titanic missing escape boats.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Regretfully, we have banned DavidGhast from this forum.

It wasn't our intention to do this, but when he PMed pictures of people getting seriously hurt and maimed in hospital, it was clear that he isn't a balanced individual. This is not the mentality we like to see shared here at MTBS.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Neil wrote:Regretfully, we have banned DavidGhast from this forum.

It wasn't our intention to do this, but when he PMed pictures of people getting seriously hurt and maimed in hospital, it was clear that he isn't a balanced individual. This is not the mentality we like to see shared here at MTBS.
Could you elaborate more on exactly what happened? What specific rule did he break? I'd like to know the details.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Don't worry, you haven't broken any of them. :wink:

If you search through his posts, I think you will find that he is racist, he is hostile, and he is slanderous. However, that in itself wasn't what got him banned. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I PMed him to be more respectful on the forums, his response was crude pictures of maimed people in hospital.

That was enough for me. He can share his fetish pictures elsewhere - even if they are in stereoscopic 3D (they weren't).

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Neil wrote:If you search through his posts, I think you will find that he is racist, he is hostile, and he is slanderous. However, that in itself wasn't what got him banned. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I PMed him to be more respectful on the forums, his response was crude pictures of maimed people in hospital.
Ok, that makes a little more sense. Too bad we had to lose a member, but I guess he had it coming.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

good call Neil! ... speaking of which anyone have 3d images of people getting decapitated? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
**goes to tikrit with minoru3d**

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”