Who pays for the 3D glasses at the cinema. You do !

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
budda
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Who pays for the 3D glasses at the cinema. You do !

Post by budda »

Hi,

There is an interesting article at Wired about the economics of 3D glasses at the 3D cinema.

See it here - http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009/06/ ... d-glasses/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks. :woot
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Who pays for the 3D glasses at the cinema. You do !

Post by cybereality »

There seems to be a belief that 3-D films are not getting their money’s worth unless they hurtle objects or body parts at the audience. Every time that happens, it creates a fatal break in the illusion of the film. The idea of a movie, even an animated one, is to convince us, halfway at least, that that we’re seeing on the screen is sort of really happening. Images leaping off the screen destroy that illusion.
That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard in my life.
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

cybereality wrote:That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard in my life.
If you think thats retarded you should read some of the comments, I got a good laugh from some of the idiotic comments.
Invest In Real 3D by Flameproof

Why don't they just invest the entire budget of the next BIG MOVIE (what, $35 million or so?) and R&D actual 3D? Hmmm???
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Interesting...although, I must say, I prefer 3D in movies to be slight, and just enhance the image. I'm not a big fan of super high popout stuff. Especially gimmicky ;)

An example of how I think 3D was used perfectly: Bolt
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

And to give a example of a Bad Movie (Excessive Pop-out, No Depth) is Fly Me to the Moon.
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”