Theater owners behind on 3-D projectors

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Theater owners behind on 3-D projectors

Post by cybereality »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090603/ap_ ... r_shortage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As it stands, 26 percent of 5,756 cinemas across the country have one or more screens capable of showing 3-D movies, but that number is expected to grow as financing becomes available later in the summer, said Patrick Corcoran from the National Association of Theater Owners.

All told, there were only 2,385 3-D screens out of a total of 38,853 screens nationwide at the end of May, according to the theater group.
jeremymcmurray
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Theater owners behind on 3-D projectors

Post by jeremymcmurray »

I hope more 3d Theaters come out in general. So that's good news.
But, I hope one at least moves a little closer to my area. I have to drive over an hour to see a 3d movie in the theater.
I love my 3d home theater, but there are a lot of movies that they do in 3d in the theater, and never release on dvd.
He that admits his own stupidity, is the only one on the true path to wisdom.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

jeremymcmurray wrote:But, I hope one at least moves a little closer to my area. I have to drive over an hour to see a 3d movie in the theater.
Thats too bad. I guess I'm lucky living in NYC. The closest 3D theater is about 10 blocks away (half a mile) or walking distance. There are a few others further downtown that also have 3D screens (at least 2 other ones that I have been to, including a 3D IMAX screen). However I also spend a lot of time in Pennsylvania (in the Poconos) and I don't think there is a single 3D screen in the area. As more movies come out in 3D its just a matter of time before the remaining theaters convert.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

For me, the closest one is a 3 hour drive.

My local theatre is still on film. When I went to see the latest Star Trek, there was a yellow lines running from the top to the bottom of the screen for the first 15 minutes. Digital is so much better. Stuff like that does not happen.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”