The Next Xbox to Support Stereoscopic 3D?

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

The Next Xbox to Support Stereoscopic 3D?

Post by yuriythebest »

From TeamXbox, the same site that may or may not have broken news on a PSP-like Microsoft handheld, comes a marked rumor about the next Xbox.

...in addition to built-in Natal tech, a key feature of the next Xbox would be full HD stereoscopic 3D visuals similar to 3D movie theatres.

And that's everything they said on the matter.

So while the Xbox 360 would be getting Natal, the Xbox 720 (or whatever you want to call it) could have Natal and 3D immersion. TeamXbox claims that the 720 won't be launched until 3D television solutions go more mainstream, which by my guesstimation won't happen within four years.

Still, with Hollywood's focus on 3D, it's not hard to believe that Microsoft would design their home entertainment console to match—even if the risk would be huge.

But for now, this is all just rumor. If TeamXbox's portable Xbox story comes to fruition, we'll allow ourselves to get a little more excited
http://gizmodo.com/5292400/the-next-xbo ... oscopic-3d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

not much I can comment without knowing whether it's anaglyph or not...
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: The Next Xbox to Support Stereoscopic 3D?

Post by cybereality »

That would be awesome but it sounds like a bogus rumor to me. $20 says it won't happen.

Also, while the comments still seemed negative, at least people are a bit more informed about 3D solutions.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

I think 3D would be very good with Natal:
Project Natal for XBOX 360: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oACt9R9z37U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Project Natal: Meet Milo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HluWsMlfj68" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Talk about immersion!)
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

I think that driving wheel made of air won't have a very strong force feedback :), but the rest seems amazing. Maybe too much, it's hard to believe that such a posture recognition technology exists. :shock:
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

crim3 wrote:it's hard to believe that such a posture recognition technology exists. :shock:
Its called Stereo 3D :lol: (Natal uses 2 camera's)

Edit: Maybe not, according to Wiki one of the Camera's is only a "Depth Sensor". Make up your own minds from this picture!!
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Silversurfer »

Like weeds: new Natal Xbox rumor shot down, 3D Xbox rumor pops up to take its place

Article:http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/16/like ... x-rumor-p/
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

3D TV's are so stupid. who the hell wants to wear glasses everytime they watch TV? What happens when you have friends over. Is everyone going to have a stash of 3D glasses laying around, I hope this phase blows over soon.
Typical remarks, although most of the comments did seem positive.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Since this rumor is up, someone picked my assasin's creed video on youtube and embedded it on his news site.
I got 1000 more viewers for one day.
http://www.areagames.de/artikel/detail/ ... 010/102069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”