NEW Emagin 3DVisor SXGA Version mooted .....

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
budda
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

NEW Emagin 3DVisor SXGA Version mooted .....

Post by budda »

Hi,

I was trolling through the investor section of the Emagin website for news and noticed some fine print:

Webpage - http://ir.emagin.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=96 ... highlight=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eMagin SXGA OLED-XL™ microdisplay (1280 x 1024 pixels) combines high resolution and low power consumption to meet portable system requirements. This SXGA display offers digital signal processing in a compact package (0.77-inch diagonal active area) requiring less than 200 mW total power under typical operating conditions of 400 cd/m2, full-color. Important design enhancements include increased pixel uniformity, improved color gamut, on-chip temperature sensor and compensation, and compatibility with both analog RGB and digital video signals. eMagin will show the SXGA OLED-XL™ microdisplay in 720P mode combined with the Company's patented WF05 40-degree FOV (field of view) optics in an OEM platform binocular personal viewer. This is the first demonstration of high resolution OLED displays with wide FOV capability suitable for personal viewing entertainment that truly surpasses home theaters for a truly immersive experience.
Well, it had to happen sooner or later.

A resolution of 1280x1024 in S3D will not be far below the equivalent quality of a 2D HD display of 1920x1080. The OLED Emagin visor refreshes at 60 Hz without any flicker too. This should greatly assist in gaming bandwidth requirements.

I wonder what the cost will be. :shock:
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: NEW Emagin 3DVisor SXGA Version mooted .....

Post by cybereality »

Sounds interesting. Thats not a bad resolution at all, not quite HD but pretty close. However I'm afraid emagin might be gouging on the price. My guess it that it will be in the neighborhood of $2500. If by some miracle its in the $500 range then that would be great news. Otherwise I doubt it will be much of a seller.
DavidGhast
Banned

Post by DavidGhast »

you think $2500 is gouging? The cheapest 1280x1024 HMD available is $10,000.

Is there any word on if this has been developed or when its coming to market?
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

40 degree FOV Is just not good enough to make this worth while. What a waste.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”