spykids in 3D

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

spykids in 3D

Post by sharky »

hi guys! who has seen this one? i bought it but i am not able to see it because it is in sensio 3D and where i bought it there wasn'T written this small irrelevant particular information.

could anybody let me know what i am missing?
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

Is it written hqfs on the side and on the back of the box? I bought that version of the DVD and I can watch it with Stereoscopic player but I haven't watched it yet.
sharky

Post by sharky »

hi tril!

nope its not.. but it is sensio and iz3D does not support sensio. they want to stick with standard solutions in order to bring a standard for teh future.. (can be compared to what we do here with games...)

so mine is normal and can be played with wtereoscopic player.. unfortunately there are no 8800 drivers so i cant use the stereoscopic player...

sharky

Post by sharky »

doessomebody know a free software to convert my ORIGINAL dvd to a interlaced MPG? i would like to see it so this seems to me the only way.
unfortunately i need to find a converter able to read sensio dvd..

LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I'm not shure if everybody knows, what 'sensio' S-3D type is. I don't know it or can make sense of it.
Is it some sort of Anaglyph? Or over under etc?
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
sharky

Post by sharky »

i don't know exactly too, since it is proprietary and not used that much up to now. but as far a si know it is a new sistem to get a much higher quality on interlaced movies... but again i am not shure about this..

ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohgrant »

There is a standard field sequential version of Spy Kids 3D, I have it, I think it and Shark Boy and Lava girl, by the same producer, are the best modern 3D movies I have watched in 3D. I seen Spy Kids in anaglyph at the theatre when it was released, I enjoy it much more on my z800 in field sequential. This is one you just can't miss out on. The only Sensio 3D movie I have is "Bugs in 3D" I can't say the quality is any different then any other 3D movie with stereoscopic player, perhaps it's a different story with their equipment.
sharky

Post by sharky »

hehe good to kwno that it exists, but id doesn'T help me out.. :D i need to see someway the movie i bought.. any ideas?

Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

Sharky,

I also accidentally purchased the Sensio version of Spy Kids. Finally figured out how to get it to play in Stereoscopic Player.
Change this options:
File > Video Decoder Properties > Video Mode > Change to "Force Weave"
Layout (Input) - Set to Interlaced - Right Line First
Viewing Method (output) - 3D Ready DLP-TV (or whatever you ususally set it to)

I was able to watch the whole video in 3D. Just had 1 issue that i'm trying to resolve. Every time there is an image that is supposed to have high pop out i see a double image. Working on tweaking settings to try and figure out how to fix it. I made a post about it http://www.stereo3d.com/discus/messages ... 1224687751 hoping someone (maybe Peter Whimmer) responds.
Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

Update

Got the separation on pop-out issue fixed. Swapped Layout(input) to Interlaced - LEFT Line First. I now see pop out as it is meant to be seen :)
This movie has very very good 3D. The movie is a B movie but the 3D makes it totally worth watching. 9 / 10.

Also note. Any time you change Input method you should also re-load the dvd (File > Open DVD). If you don't the viewing mode will not change.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my working settings for Spy Kids (Sensio) are:

File > Video Decoder Properties > Video Mode > Change to "Force Weave"
** The above option is only necessary if you use Cyberlink PowerDVD decoder **

Layout (Input) - Set to Interlaced - LEFT Line First
Viewing Method (output) - 3D Ready DLP-TV (or whatever you ususally set it to)
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: spykids in 3D

Post by Gae43 »

I've also got the Sensio (HQFS) Extreme Edition of Spy Kids 3. I have to say, it is one of, if not THE best, 3D movies I have in my collection. I can even get this to work with about 90% success on my LCD projector..a Panasonic AE900. The picture looks awesome on a 73" screen. This Extreme Edition has a higher bitrate to boost the overall quality (which helps when displaying a L/R interlaced image). By adding more brightness to compensate for the filtering effect of the shutterglasses, you can almost get a normal brightness 3D image, of EDTV quality which looks fantastic.
Does anyone know how the other Sensio DVDs like "Sharkboy and LavaGirl" compare to the Spy Kids 3 Extreme Edition? Are they of the same quality?

Gae43
3DFool
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DFool »

The Shark Boy and Lava Girl HQFS DVD is of the same quality. I had to do the same settings for that disc as SPYKIDS3D to get stereoscopic player to work. I'm glad to hear alot of people really like SpyKids 3D quality when seen the way it was meant to be :) I'm very proud of that film. Releasing that it in anaglyph was the only choice at the time for mainstream, and I really applaud Robert Rodriguez for pushing to have a DVD release in HQFS. So far his films are the only ones to be legitimately released in 3D for home video that's not some anaglyph variant.
-
Daniel L Smith
Stereographer & VFX Supervisor
http://www.danimation.com./" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3D Stereoscopic Training and Forums
http://www.the3dfool.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

Wow another celebrity joins the MTBS3D forum! :D

Welcome!

I saw Spy Kids 3D in the theatre and I must say it was the best anaglyphic 3D movie I've ever seen.

I bought the anaglyph DVD and am hoping to purchase the field sequential version very soon.

Great job!
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
Gae43

Post by Gae43 »

The Shark Boy and Lava Girl HQFS DVD is of the same quality
I might have to buy that one then. I'm sure it's much much better than my field sequential conversion from the anaglyph dvd release. :D

Gae43
3DFool
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DFool »

Gae43 wrote:
I might have to buy that one then. I'm sure it's much much better than my field sequential conversion from the anaglyph dvd release. :D

Gae43
It is in fact alot better. For the theatrical release, we special colored certain out of the screen "eye poke" effects with colors that would reduce ghosting and retinal rivalry, but only on one eye. Also its hard to recover the red channel properly from anaglyph source and this film has allot of deep saturated reds. The HQFS version is worth it.
-
Daniel L Smith
Stereographer & VFX Supervisor
http://www.danimation.com./" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3D Stereoscopic Training and Forums
http://www.the3dfool.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gae43

Post by Gae43 »

Also its hard to recover the red channel properly from anaglyph source and this film has allot of deep saturated reds
I have discovered, through doing several anaglyph conversions (for private viewing) that Stero Movie Maker colourizes the 3D side of the seperated anaglyph movie. It will even colourize a b&w image to pretty reasonable results. The conversion I have done of Sharkboy and Lavagirl is pretty good, but only about 80% of the quality, in comparison with the Sensio version of Spykids, as the 3D side does contain ghosting artifacts and PQ diminishes during the conversion process.

Gae43

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”