S3D Movie samples

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
android78
Certif-Eyable!

S3D Movie samples

Post by android78 »

I recently noticed that there are S3D movies being release on DVD and BD, and I'm interested in getting them, but would not want to purchase these without being able to test a sample with my setup. Especially since most seem to be released in anaglyph and my experience with my current TV (52" LCD Samsung Series 6) has not been favorable with anaglyph.
I would, however, be interest in purchasing them if they were at least reasonable S3D effect. Does anyone know where I could get a few short (5 min or so) samples of the S3D movies to test on my system. Movies like 'Journey To The Center of the Earth' for example. I almost just bought this on BD except then I read many people saying that they could hardly notice any stereoscopic effect at all which put me off.
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: S3D Movie samples

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

That would be great to preview a bit of the movie before buying, the 3D DVDs seem to retain their higher price tag for a long time whereas a 2D DVD movie can be had very cheaply a few week/months after release.

RE: Journey to the Center of the Earth

If you are talking about the field sequential and not the anaglyph version, the FS version is just converted with de-anaglyph software from what I've seen, so I has ghosts/artifacts sometimes left over from the original magenta/green. :shock:
Rosomack
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rosomack »

WheatstoneHolmes wrote:If you are talking about the field sequential and not the anaglyph version, the FS version is just converted with de-anaglyph software from what I've seen, so I has ghosts/artifacts sometimes left over from the original magenta/green. :shock:
Lol, that's so wrong... The movie industry still seems oblivious to home s3d solution owners. A shame.
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Well they did release a true S-3D field sequential version of Spy Kids 3D.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/sd- ... l-3-d.html

It is too bad that S-3D movies are so underground.

Hopefully the 3D trends being set these days will show the movie industry we want to buy their movies in true S-3D and they will release legal S-3D versions of some of the classics as well as the current films.

Now I have to buy a BluRay player. :(

(Sorry about the thread hijack)
Last edited by WheatstoneHolmes on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

This page has Side by Side images from Journey to the Center of the Earth FS.
http://www.ioffer.com/i/Journey-to-the- ... --83419151" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And TBH, I failed to see any 3D in the BluRay Magnta/Green version. The supplied glasses gave impressive 3D with My Bloody Valentine 3D though! So I think this movie just sucks for 3D, let alone its content. (A cellphone, that far under the earth. Wow, thats some impressive Cell-coverage)
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Yeah, that's the exact movie I was talking about, it is converted from anaglyph.

These are untouched screen grabs:

On the left image it is easy to see the anaglyph artifacts.

Also, the part where the man points the tape measure at the camera has serious anaglyph "leftovers".
I came here to chew bubblegum and to see 3D...and I'm all out of bubblegum!
-----------------------
Me on YouTube, you watch: http://www.youtube.com/user/WheatstoneHolmes

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”