3D Digital Images Made Easy

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by metalqueen »

by Dave Johnson

Thanks to last month's Super Bowl commercials and a special episode of the geek-action show Chuck, everyone has been talking about 3D recently. I even got a set of awkward 3D glasses from the local supermarket to see what all the fuss was about.

Frankly, I found it all a little underwhelming. That inspired me to have some fun with the third dimension with my own photos. As you'll see this week, it's not too hard to make your own photos look 3D using some clever composition and a free animation program.
The Science of 3D

Why do things look 3D to begin with? The effect relies on the fact that our eyes are separated by a few inches, so they see everything from two slightly different angles. The result is a phenomenon known as parallax--the relative position of close objects varies more to your eyes than the relative position of more distant objects.

With a single lens, there's no way to capture the effect of parallax in one photo. But what if you had two cameras, or took the same photo twice, moving the camera between shots?
Read the whole story here: http://www.pcworld.com/article/159776/3 ... _easy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What are your opinions on this article?
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: 3D Digital Images Made Easy

Post by cybereality »

An interesting introduction to 3d photography from a mainstream site. I found it a bit rudimentary and it glossed over a lot, but it was a neat article nevertheless.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Re: 3D Digital Images Made Easy

Post by Freke1 »

StereoPhoto Maker can create 3D wriggles for free.

Return to “MTBS Newswire”