Fallout 3

ddorpm
One Eyed Hopeful

Fallout 3

Post by ddorpm »

In case anybody was wondering, I got Fallout 3 this morning. Yes, the iZ3D works perfectly and the S3D is beautiful!!! This is one heck of a game and playing it in S3D is mind-blowing!!! I'm running all maxed and no glitches or any lags either.

ddorpm
Core 2 Duo, 3Gh, 3Gb Ram
BFG nVidia 8800 GT OC (512 Mb)
iZ3D 22" Monitor 1.09 drivers
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Fallout2 is legendary! Definitely will have a look at this one! Thanks!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
ddorpm
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ddorpm »

Interesting when I save a iZ3D screen shot it names the file Unreal Tournament 3. No biggie, just have to rename the file to Fallout 3. Is this game using unreal engine? I got the collector's edition and also purchased the guide book. The book is about an inch and half thick! This is one mean-looking game!!!

Another interesting aspect of the game is one can change the view. You can have it as FPS, or third-person, or third-person way off. The VATS is awesome with the slow-mo targeting system!!!!

ddorpm
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

Yeah this game looks great in S3D! Just loaded it up about 90 mins ago and so far I really like it. Been a long long wait for this one.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
falcon96
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by falcon96 »

I can´t get the game to start when I have the IZ3D driver installed, I get to the options screen then hit PLAY , I get black screen then it goes back to Windows and nothing happens. If I uninstall the IZ3D divers the game starts and working perfect.
It work with other games (HL2, Mass effect, STALKER)
I´ve tryed with both the 1.08 and the 1.09b4 drivers.
I have the latest Nvidia drivers 178.28, tryed to install 175.16 but my card isn´t supported in tath driver.
I have just ordered a IZ3D monitor and I´m getting it on monday, really wold like to get this game to work then.
Annyone have a solution ?
Windows XP 32-bit
Mb: Nfoforce 6800i SLI , 3 GB
CPU: E6850 3.0 Ghz
GPU: Geforce XFX GTX 280 1 gb
IZ3D-monitor with 1.10RC1 drivers
Optional: Geforce 7950GT with E-dimglasses and Acer PD523 Projector
falcon96
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by falcon96 »

I´ve just set up my IZ3D-monitor and made a new installation of the driver with only the IZ3D-option enabled, so now it works with the monitor.
It looks great, not so big that I´m used to but now I can have everything on max and stereo.
Cheers
Windows XP 32-bit
Mb: Nfoforce 6800i SLI , 3 GB
CPU: E6850 3.0 Ghz
GPU: Geforce XFX GTX 280 1 gb
IZ3D-monitor with 1.10RC1 drivers
Optional: Geforce 7950GT with E-dimglasses and Acer PD523 Projector
fReAq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Am I missing something?

Post by fReAq »

Hey guys,
I am testing anaglyph mode with this game and some others. One thing that I am finding that makes it seem less 3d than the nvidia shutterglass solution (when it was on older games) is that convergence doesnt seem to operate correctly. Correct me if im wrong but the way I used to tell whether 3d was 'true' was to stand near a thin thing, like a vertical pipe and then look at a distant flat object. Then with my left eye only I would fix the point of intersection the near object has on the far object and then with the right eye only I would do the same. If the point of intersection of the near object on the far object with the right eye is quite a bit farther to the left than the left eye then I am sure it is operating correctly.
I cant seem to get this affect at all no matter what convergence or separation I set, is this a common experience with everyone else or have I missed something?

Thanks,
fReAq
zebrastealer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by zebrastealer »

I’ve been sucked into this FO3since it came out and am having a blast with it on the IZ3D. It is by no means perfect though – anytime I enter VATS mode or open my PipBoy3000 (both occur very often) my separation goes crazy, so I’ve had to create a second setting just for those instances…it is a bit of a pain constantly switching back and forth between two settings, but that’s just the way it is. To provide really good depth in the game I’ve had to really increase separation for distance objects beyond what I normally play in a game (course I’m playing with maxed settings for everything, including view distance). That said, I’m used to the double image/ghosting that is present but anyone bothered by ghosting would likely find the game completely unplayable with my S3D settings. (would post my settings but can’t recall them off hand). This game is great though, definitely worth playing whether it is in S3D or not.
Damn! I just realized I am one of the first Users on MTBS3d. Joined April 2007 - the month after MTBS3d first opened its doors.

Occulus Rift dev kit, waiting for the release version or a good screen hack....
3 x 24 inch monitors running nVidia surround 3d
Defender
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Fallout 3

Post by Defender »

Hi

i just installed it and have some problems.

It does not seem to show depth. I'm still in the second room of the game.

I cannot change my resolution to a 16:10 mode. Detection crashed so I have to say: ALL Resolutions and it only displays the 4:3 resolution. Maybe that is the problem. If i don't enable all resolutions it shows no resolutions.

I don't find the file where i can set my resolution manually.

Can somebody help on the resolution problem, and on the problem with the depth. I already tried to convergence settings. But everything seems to move at same rate no matter if it is far away. Only the hud moves back and forth.

What settings do you use. I selected Very High. But it did not seem to apply it ingame, the sliders are not maxed.
- My stereo rig -
- iZ3D 22'' - GTX 260 - i7 920 - 12GB Ram - Windows 7 64bit
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

we have problem with FL3 profile - this may be the reason of problem
Defender
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Defender »

I could fix the resolution issue by modifying the inis in the My documents/My games/Fallout 3 Folder

However also the screenshots posted are really at no real depth in my opinion.
- My stereo rig -
- iZ3D 22'' - GTX 260 - i7 920 - 12GB Ram - Windows 7 64bit
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

what is convergence / separation settings do you have?
maart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maart »

The game seems to run in iz3d mode, but i can't get it to run in interlaced on my zalman.

any help?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Some games seems to crash when trying to alter some screensettings within the game. Resolution and aspect ratio especially. The solve is to deactivate iz3d-driver, enter the game and change those settings to desired ones, exit game and turn on stereodriver again. Works for me.
ScrewedGuy3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ScrewedGuy3D »

Why are you all so ridiculously selfish? What are the settings like someone asked!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Not selfishness. It's deinstalled cause of discspace. :oops: :(
ripvanfunky
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ripvanfunky »

Tested this last night. All settings ultra high, I had SLI turned on with new beta driver, all water, shadows, distance, LOD very or ultra highest.
Resolution 16x10, and AA 8xq, and AF 16, with multisampling.
I got 60 fps most of the time.
Eye watering, amazing good. Perfect match for iz3d.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Did you say you had SLI on?

Can you do a test with SLI off and see if your FPS is the same? This is the first I'm hearing this.

Regards,
Neil
ripvanfunky
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ripvanfunky »

sure can! It will be tonight. I will report back tonight if i can. I am expecting fps to be around 30-50

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”