Tom’s Hardware compares iZ3D against Nvidia 3D System @ CES

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Tom’s Hardware compares iZ3D against Nvidia 3D System @ CES

Post by Silversurfer »

It was bound to happen sooner rather than later so now, fresh from the CES hall excitement, was as good a time as any for both 22” inch monitors & their opposing tech solutions to stereoscopic 3D viewing slugging it out in the 3D ring. But was it a fair fight? Well that would be telling but in my opinion...............See for yourself here.

The iZ3D spokesperson sets the record straight as regards AMD supposed driver collaboration with iZ3D as well as Nvidia Vs AMD / iZ3D so it’s also worth a read for the skinny on those issue’s too. I like the Tom’s Hardware title for this piece, “CES ’09: The Real Stereoscopic Story”, well it got my attention at 1.48 am UK time anyway, but then again insomnia is a side effect of my health woes so I was up anyway! Enjoy.
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

funkee
Cross Eyed!

Re: Tom’s Hardware compares iZ3D against Nvidia 3D System @ CES

Post by funkee »

Sadly this leaves us with one major technology left out of this test: the micropolarizer...

And I would have loved to see some real tangible things like viewing angle, colour, motion portrayal and such. Ah well.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Those guys barely knew what they were talking about. Not much of a comparison really.
Ifandbut
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ifandbut »

Wow..."Nevertheless, we’d have to conclude that after spending hours upon hours with GeForce 3D Vision and several minutes with iZ3D’s demo" that's good journalism...you spend 10 min with a competitors hardware and conclude it is not as good as the hardware you spent hours on. :?
johnoliver
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnoliver »

Ifandbut wrote:Wow..."Nevertheless, we’d have to conclude that after spending hours upon hours with GeForce 3D Vision and several minutes with iZ3D’s demo" that's good journalism...you spend 10 min with a competitors hardware and conclude it is not as good as the hardware you spent hours on. :?
couldn't agree more~ lol
GPU: nVIDIA 8800GT 512MB
PSU: Corsair 550W
RAM: 2GB
CPU: Intel Core 2, 2.13 GHz
Display: 61'' Samsung 3D-Ready LED DLP TV (HL61A750) + 22'' Samsung 2233rz for PC
Glasses: Nvidia 3D Vision kit
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

They had a valid point when you use the autofocus with iz3d it goes wild if you move to close to something and separation goes into the 1000's and wont return until you turn of the feature and dial down separation.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

Return to “MTBS Newswire”